Flatlander

2014 Elk and Antelope Draw Odds

Thanks for all your help. I have 11 BPs and was thinking where would be my best chance at a early archery bull tag and second choice 23S late bull rifle. I don't want to wait until I'm 65 to draw another tag so I'm willing to hunt late.

and thinking 3A Antelope rifle with 6 BPs

my hunting buddy would like to try

23 early bull with 14 points. rifle

3A Antelope with 18 points. rifle

Thanks Flatlander for all of your number crunching and assistance on this site. I have 3BPs and looking at unit 9 early rifle bull as first (odds will be next to zero) and unit 9 early rifle cow as second choice in case we get a really low random number. Our second option is to put unit 9 early rifle cow as first choice and Unit 9 late rifle cow as second choice. We really want to hunt this year, so thinking the safest choice is option 2. Have hunted unit 9 cows a few times over the past 8 years, so pretty familiar with the unit. Any help with the odds for the following is appreciated.

Unit 9 Early Rifle Bull (0.97% draw success last year)

Unit 9 Early Rifle Cow (67.3% draw success last year)

Unit 9 Late Rifle Cow (22.56% draw success last year, but only a point away from bonus pass round if I read the numbers correctly)

Thanks,

Mike

• Like 1

Is there any way for me to find out how many people have 19 bp or more for elk? My curiosity Is killing me.

There are 37 resident and 53 non res

Flatlander,

I can't imagine what a chore this is, but if you can somehow figure out all those 0's and 1's HAHA i just to try and pick your brain.

How many points would get you into the bonus pass for the archery cow in 11M (both seasons please).

Thanks in advance.

What would be the best choice with 4 points? Archery and rifle?

Very nice of you to do this. Not sure if you have the ability to differentiate R vs NR, but I have 16 NR Elk points.

1st- 23N Early Archery Bull

2nd- 10 Early Archery Bull

/>Very nice of you to do this. Not sure if you have the ability to differentiate R vs NR, but I have 16 NR Elk points.

1st- 23N Early Archery Bull

2nd- 10 Early Archery Bull

You've got to be up there close. I would strongly consider holding out if we don't get any more moisture from now til the draw deadline. Youve waited a long time for a seriously good tag. Bone dry conditions right now.....