Sign in to follow this  
hunter1026

Buck of my dreams**story added

Story to come but here's some pics we scored him at 157 4/8

so friday my wife and i decided to take our 1 month old out duck hunting i threw my bow and my 10's in the truck just in case we saw a deer. On the way i stopped to glass a area where we see mule deer often. i glassed up a heard way out there and couldnt tel if ther was a buck with them or not so we just moved on cuz i didnt want to leave my wife and newborn at the truck for that long alone since we were hunting down south. saturday night i called my dad and told him "lets go out tomorrow and kill something" he asked "what do you want to hunt" i replied " anything we could go duck hunting or go predator calling and even deer hunting let just get out!" so we met up sunday morning checked a pond and killed two ducks first thing in the morning. we went back to the spot where i saw the group of mule deer friday and quickly glassed up the group of deer at first i only saw a tall forkey and a small 3 point so i glassed behind me for a little when i came back to this heard there were two more bucks with them another forkey and a 3 point the two 3 points were beating the heck out of eachother which i watched for about 10 min then i noticed a doe about 200 yards to the right with a bigger buck on her tail once i saw his left side i knew i had to go after this buck so i made a plan with my dad and off i went. i dropped into the bottom and worked my way closser to them once i got to 250 i noticed that they were working their way to a thick cut and i wouldnt be able to get in on him so i mover quicker at them. I got to 40 of a doe and could see a deers butt infront of me through a tree i assumed it was the buck so i ranged a few trees and came to full draw but the deer turned out to be a doe i waited till she went out of sight and let down. i moved down the cut more and got busted by a doe i saw the buck to my right right at the time all the does started working their way out to the left i started ranging thing knowing the buck would fallow once he came into the open at 83 yards i let out a grunt and he stopped, i fired TWACK he took off and went behind a huge oak and i couldnt see him i gave him a min and called my dad he couldnt see it go down but knew i hit the buck cuz he wasnt with the does anymore while i was on the phone with him the buck took two steps out from behind the oak and fell over dead he didnt go 70 yards from where i shot him it was a great day spent with my dad. a member on here messaged me and said he had video of the buck from november he sent the videos to my phone i got to talking to him and from where he filed this buck and where i killed it was 10-15 miles apart!!!
post-2786-0-42562600-1390187730_thumb.jpg
post-2786-0-85744300-1390187759_thumb.jpg
post-2786-0-89196700-1390187819_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

That buck is wickedly unique! What a dream! Hope you post a nice detailed story!

very cool! congrats!

That buck has awesome character! His left side almost resembles elk antlers.

What a very nice Buck!! Excellent character in that rack!!! Congrats on a fantastic find and harvest!!

/>

That buck has awesome character! His left side almost resembles elk antlers.

Hybrid? Lol

If that were the case I would honestly feel really bad for that doe who had the unfortunate encounter with a bull... ha ha ha

• Like 1