Sign in to follow this  
AZ_SAWBUCK

What's the craziest thing you have done while out hunting?

While out archery pig hunting yesterday my partner and I came across a pig cave in a wash. This cave had lots of fresh track and hair all around the entrance and as far as you could see in. The cave was pretty open about 10 feet in then split and had two dark holes that you couldn't see. He takes his pack off grabs his light and starts crawling in.............I'm thinking your plum NUTS! No gun, No knife.............. just a flashlight. Turns out there were not any pigs in at that time, but if there were I'm thinking he would have had his face bit off.

What's The craziest thing you have done or seen someone do while out in the field? Feed a bear? Rope a Mt.Lion? Tell the wife you aren't coming home for two more days? Think this will be good...........

• Like 1

Yep, that "tell the wife you aren't coming home for two more days" rings a bell. One of my last conversations I had with her!

I crawled up a cave one time to retrieve a friends javelina. Thank you Jesus it was dead! I got stuck going in so my buddy grabbed my legs and pushed me further up the small cave until I had a face full of dead javelina. LOL

• Like 3

I was laughing so hard I think I accidently clicked on the dislike button. Sorry.

• Like 1

Once when I was about 12, my dad and I came across a deer that had been killed, partially eaten and somewhat buried by a bear. Dad asked me if I wanted my first bear and I was afraid to say "Thank you, but NO," If I had said no, dad may have replaced me with my sister as one of his hunting partners.

A big pine had blown over about 20' from the kill, it's roots took enough dirt and rock with it to make a nice looking fox hole to lay low in and wait. Dad gave me his 30-06 Game Master with extra clip, .357 Ruger, a walkie-talkie, 5 cell flash light and a thermos full of hot, black coffee.Then dad left. Walking back to the jeep he said, "Nice knowing ya, son" and "Don't tell your mother."

Yup, dad left me there to battle the bear alone and grow the heck up, I reckon....

Heck, I thought I'd done all that growin up stuff when he taught me at 9 how to fist fight while wearing roller skates. Love you, dad!

• Like 4

Oh my yes, a hungry bear definitely came in for his meal, I didn't have to wait long for that. Must say that was the first time I smelled a bear before I saw it. It came in from behind me, shuffling his feet like a locomotive thru the woods.

Craziest thing I've done while hunting was bringing Trphyhntr along with me. If you've ever met the him you'd know what I'm talking about, or I could just refer you to the post above!

• Like 1

Craziest thing I've done while hunting was bringing Trphyhntr along with me. If you've ever met the him you'd know what I'm talking about, or I could just refer you to the post above!

lmao. i blame you, pouring 70/30 captain and cokes at camp. which reminds me, we putting in for a late bull hunt? i'll bring the fireball.

• Like 2

this is a great thread, trophy just gained a notch on the old respect meter and workman gets 2 notches for his drnk making. keep it going

• Like 2

Once at band camp..... LOL No really way back when I was young my brother and I was working along a Mesquite flat running along a creek we found some pigs. After taking two shots I hit one and he ran off towards my truck. My brother and I headed to cut him off as he was headed to the drainage culvert under a set of train tracks. As he walked out into the open I shot him again and YES he did make it into the culvert. I bolted over the tracks and cut him off. My brother and I decided to shoot him with his arrows as they are longer back and forth until the pig was dead. We did this several times when I decided to hit the pig in the head with a big rock, he didn't move. "He's dead," I yelled, "I am going in after him." My brothers response was, "your crazy!" I wanted to get back on the pigs so he could fill his tag, so... with an arrow in my right hand and my Buck knife in the left I went in. I got close enough to poke him with the arrow, as I did this the pig spun around and bit the arrow in half. I was back pedaling in this 4ft diameter culvert, screaming "Sh!&, Sh!& he's still alive." As I was getting out I stabbed my self in the left knee, I buried the knife at least an inch, I was bleeding like a stuck pig, (pun intended). The moral of this story is (don't take a knife to a PIG fight)

• Like 3

/>

lmao. i blame you, pouring 70/30 captain and cokes at camp. which reminds me, we putting in for a late bull hunt? i'll bring the fireball.

Can't figure out how to post the gif with the dude jumping into the car but yes, I'm IN! Bring on the lions den!

Once at band camp..... LOL No really way back when I was young my brother and I was working along a Mesquite flat running along a creek we found some pigs. After taking two shots I hit one and he ran off towards my truck. My brother and I headed to cut him off as he was headed to the drainage culvert under a set of train tracks. As he walked out into the open I shot him again and YES he did make it into the culvert. I bolted over the tracks and cut him off. My brother and I decided to shoot him with his arrows as they are longer back and forth until the pig was dead. We did this several times when I decided to hit the pig in the head with a big rock, he didn't move. "He's dead," I yelled, "I am going in after him." My brothers response was, "your crazy!" I wanted to get back on the pigs so he could fill his tag, so... with an arrow in my right hand and my Buck knife in the left I went in. I got close enough to poke him with the arrow, as I did this the pig spun around and bit the arrow in half. I was back pedaling in this 4ft diameter culvert, screaming "Sh!&, Sh!& he's still alive." As I was getting out I stabbed my self in the left knee, I buried the knife at least an inch, I was bleeding like a stuck pig, (pun intended). The moral of this story is (don't take a knife to a PIG fight)

This one time...when I was hunting... I didn't have any toilet paper so I had to use mule tape. (Flossing)

• Like 2