Sign in to follow this  
maximus

kaibab 20x56 or nikon 20x56

i know that vortex came out with the kaibab 20x56 but also nikon has a 20x56 and 16x56, any opinions on those? which one you think is better, let's not talk about swaro's or leica.

Seems to me that a 20x should be at least 60mm. Might not be all that great at first and last light.

You're comparing optics in two different price categories. Just a quick check I found the Vortex at $1400 and the Nikon at $700.

Also where Vortex warranty is great, Nikon is not bad either. (25 yr no-fault). I just got my Monarchs back with no issues.

I also think you would need at least a 70mm lense for 20x.

• Like 1

Like others have said, the 56 mm objective is going to leave a lot to be desired at 20 power. I know u said not to bring up swaro but if you are considering spending $1400 on the vortex then find a used pair of swaro 15x56 or spend a couple hundred more for the closeout price on the current 15x56 SLC.

Zeiss has s new 15x56 HD in the $1500-1600 range

And my Girlfriend told me just the other day to buy new binos, hehehee... It looks like I'll be replacing my 80's model Zeiss 15's with some HD 15’s!

I got to look thru the kaibab 20's today and I must say I was impressed. Great glass for the price but I don't like the smaller field of view at 1000. I'm still all in for the new Zeiss!

I got to look thru the kaibab 20's today and I must say I was impressed. Great glass for the price but I don't like the smaller field of view at 1000. I'm still all in for the new Zeiss!

where did you see those kaibabs

I went to Ross Outdoors. cool place, ill be going back there soon. lotsa good stuff.

My GF went with me and bought me my Vday present : 2 packs of chisel tip GraveDiggers!

• Like 1