Sign in to follow this  
down2hunt

Opening Day Success

Well once again I'm proud and blessed to say that my son Elijah got it done again. His 2014 jr. javelina hunt was a big success putting the smack down on a very nice javelina. Before mentioning anything else I just want to thank the Main Man up stairs for blessing me with a wonder family and friends who have supported and help us along our journey. I can't forget about Out2hunt - Ken Meyers for all the help and advise that shared with me.

We woke up bright and early Friday morning and headed into our destination. Once there we unloaded the polars, grabbed our gear and began our journey. On the way into our hunting spot we were glassing certain hill sides that looked promising and after glassing several hill sides my son spotted a small herd of 8 javelina crest over a ridge. So off we go to see if we could cut them off. We couldn't find them any where so we sat for awhile and off to our left I hear some commotion. We headed in that direction and right away I spotted a pig rooting. They never went 20 yards from when we first seen them go over the hill. After some time my son settles in for a 70 yard shot and drops the pig right there in his tracks. Man, it was the greatest feeling ever. Priceless!!! So proud of my son.

Thanks for reading,

JD

post-3832-0-98740100-1390792078_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-34808200-1390792213_thumb.jpg

post-3832-0-66523700-1390792259_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Awesome job. Your son did GREAT. I love reading stories from PROUD Dad's! Memories for a lifetime.

I love seeing those youth grinning ear to ear! Happy to help and truly pleased that you were blessed with success! What a PIG! Kudos Elijah!!!

Congrats on your success! The second picture is framed perfectly! Looks great!