Sign in to follow this  
Corkin

HELP!! NEED TIRES!!

Last summer I put a set of Yokohama Geolanders on my Chevy 2500 duramax. I was skeptical, but they have been great. I love the bfg, but went through several bad one and finally made the switch.

If you want mileage as in better MPG then go with something like the Michelin LTX A/T2. I have an F250 with 260K miles I have put on it since Y2K when I bought it new and have had the Goodyear tires which came on it (lasted 35K), Dunlop Revo's (25K), Bridgstone Dueler's (40K), BFG A/T's (45K), Nitto TG's (55K.

The Nitto tires don't give good MPG but they work well off road and are a little harder rubber then the BFG. My truck probably weighs close to 8K and I have learned to only use Load Range e tires and when they wear down to about the last 20% off they go.

My sone has a Chevy Colorado and we put some Dyna Pro's on it about 3 years ago and they have held up OK but, they have an aggressive tread pattern and tend to collect rock's.

I'm running Cooper Discoverer ATP. Been to the Strip. Up on the Rim country. Desert country around Tonto Basin. And desert flats south of the valley. Tires have performed great with no issues!

I run the same tire. They were the best,and most affordable, in my price range. No issues with them yet.

/>Last summer I put a set of Yokohama Geolanders on my Chevy 2500 duramax. I was skeptical, but they have been great. I love the bfg, but went through several bad one and finally made the switch.

+1. I have the geolanders by yokohama on my 99 dodge 2500.

I used to swear by the duratrac's but the last few sets between my truck and the company trucks we run them on have had serious separation problems causing horrible vibrations.

We are now testing the hankook's that DUG mentioned but haven't had them long enough to give any type of review.

BTW these are on F250's and 350's.

Use to run the wranglers with Kevlar like flat lander. Almost indestructible but caused vibration on my lighter Chevy 1500. Dad runs BFGs on his F350. Michelins on the duramax. I switched to the Toyos last year and love them. Nice tread, quiet, and no more vibrations. The first couple hundred miles will be a little slippery... While they break in... But I'm sold on them now as a more affordable alternative to the michelins (which you can't beat if $ isn't an issue)

I had to replace a couple tires during my sheep hunt exploits. You might call Discount Tire in Yuma, (928) 344-4600 --- ask for mgr Luis Sanchez. Between the Border Patrol, the dunes, and everyone else, they sell more tires than any other DT in the U.S. Am confident Luis' knowledge would be really helpful (they deal with a TON of creosote-punctured tires) ...

I had to replace a couple tires during my sheep hunt exploits. You might call Discount Tire in Yuma, (928) 344-4600 --- ask for mgr Luis Sanchez. Between the Border Patrol, the dunes, and everyone else, they sell more tires than any other DT in the U.S. Am confident Luis' knowledge would be really helpful (they deal with a TON of creosote-punctured tires) ...

If you call him I love to hear his opinion.

• Like 1

I'm running Cooper Discoverer ATP. Been to the Strip. Up on the Rim country. Desert country around Tonto Basin. And desert flats south of the valley. Tires have performed great with no issues!

I run the same tire. They were the best,and most affordable, in my price range. No issues with them yet.

Running them on my H3 since December and they are doing pretty well. I replace the BFG Dueler AT's that were on there for about 45k miles and lots of nasty SoAZ terrain. I really am liking the Cooper's now- except that they don't have the sidewall lugs for that extra traction and protection.

Love the BFG all terrains. Used to use goodyear wranglers, but had lots of flats with those. Since I switched to BFG I almost never have a flat. I get about 40,000 miles out of mine and a lot of that is offroad in rough country.

I've run 12.5 X 37 BFG A/T's on a F350 LB/CC with good results. Tried a set of KM2's, great traction but could not handle the weight. Front tires eventually separated.

Here is the reason we all hate the Wrangler tire ....http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/44297-first-buck-down-chapter-2/ I posted this story during the first Coues hunt. I didn't name the tires but they are 235/75R15's Wranglers. Although I got a great deal on them, hind sight they aren't worth the stress and physical pain my family and I endured. This was not the first flats I got with them. I always keep plugs and Fix-A-Flat with me.

Look into Big O Tires sale this weekend. Buy 2 get 2 free. If you don't like Big O then go to discount and they'll match the offer.

Is this still going on? I was hoping to ride the Wrangler ATS tires on my 4x4 Ecoboost until summertime but that's a good deal...and I don't see it on their website?