Sign in to follow this  
MTGunner

New to this forum...

Greetings all, I just found this forum and have joined to become part of this community. I hail from NW Montana but spend my winters in SW New Mexico. I am a long time hunter, conservationist, reloader, fisherman, etc. I hunt quail and dove near Deming, NM and have been looking for feral hogs to no avail, so far. Hope to contribute to this forum and glean information as time passes. MTG

• Like 1

Welcome to the site. I think you should go to Texas to hunt hogs, I found this the other day, thought you might enjoy.

Greetings all, I just found this forum and have joined to become part of zthis community. I hail from N. W Montana but spend my winters in SW New Mexico. I am a long time hunter, conservationist, reloader, fisherman, etc. I hunt quail and dove near Deming, NM and have been looking for feral hogs to no avail, so far. Hope to contribute to this forum and glean information as time passes. MTG
might as well keep going west. Another 30 minutes you'll be in AZ with much more opportunities for your hobbies then lovely Deming ;-)

Pwrguy, I have hunted Texas extensively for feral hogs and exotics. Have done reasonably well below the Cap Rock in the Panhandle and very well south of San Antonio around Coy City. I ran into a wood cutter down in the boot heel of NM near the Coronado Nat'l. forest who informed me that indeed he has come across feral hogs in that area. But, a person has to be careful to stay off of private property in the boot heel. I will continue looking and report back if and when I find 'em. MTG

Pwrguy, I have hunted Texas extensively for feral hogs and exotics. Have done reasonably well below the Cap Rock in the Panhandle and very well south of San Antonio around Coy City. I ran into a wood cutter down in the boot heel of NM near the Coronado Nat'l. forest who informed me that indeed he has come across feral hogs in that area. But, a person has to be careful to stay off of private property in the boot heel. I will continue looking and report back if and when I find 'em. MTG

"Hunt hard, kill quickly, offer no apologies"

Welcome to the best hunting forum on the internet!

Welcome MTGunner!

I hope you find some hogs. It will sure be rewarding chambering a round with one in your sights! Especially after looking for them in tough conditions.

Welcome as well and I look forward to seeing some pictures of future and past hunts.

TJ