Sign in to follow this  
AZLance

#12...

Crud! That is a mathematically poor ratio of 12:3, 12 sheep losses compared to a gain of three. If that ratio remains unchanged, that reintroduced herd will be gone in no time with its current net growth rate of -9.

• Like 1

According to the USFS website, the entire Sheep Reintroduction area is closed to entry... so even if you want to help kill lions, that opportunity has been taken away from you as a hunter.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/coronado/news-events/?cid=STELPRDB5446651

If I lived closer, I would probably at least sneak up to the quaranteed perimeter, or perhaps a bit beyond if no one was looking and wail on a predator call for a stand or two...or maybe three if it feels good!

/>

According to the USFS website, the entire Sheep Reintroduction area is closed to entry... so even if you want to help kill lions, that opportunity has been taken away from you as a hunter.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/coronado/news-events/?cid=STELPRDB5446651

If I lived closer, I would probably at least sneak up to the quaranteed perimeter, or perhaps a bit beyond if no one was looking and wail on a predator call for a stand or two...or maybe three if it feels good!

Does anyone make a "Sheep in Distress" call?

• Like 1

No, not at tax payers expense. This is where our license snd tag fees go. Yea!!!!!! Lets raise it again, maybe we can kill all the sheep and get some wolves on the Kaibab!!!

• Like 1

/>No, not at tax payers expense. This is where our license snd tag fees go. Yea!!!!!! Lets raise it again, maybe we can kill all the sheep and get some wolves on the Kaibab!!!

Yes it is at taxpayers expense... every time you buy any hunting or fishing gear you pay a Pittman Robinson Act tax. That Pitman Robinson Act tax goes to fund our game and fish departments. Now, not everyone pays this tax. But hunters and outdoorsmen pay this tax and have every right to complain how it is used. Also, Game and Fish is the recipient of federal grants, that is also tax dollars.

• Like 1

Crazy. How many Rams are left? I think they only reintroduced 6 Rams, and at least 3 have died. If the Rams are killed off, how will the Sheep repopulate?

man at first i wasnt too surprised or worried about the sheep but this is just ridiculous. what a waste. AZGF needs to be out there scouting for lions or just throw in the towl and relocate the sheep back. dang.