Tines

bull frog mates with WT.

This picture was sent to me by a friend in Indiana. I don't remember where it was taken but apparently the buck jumped up 25 yards while the guy was walking out to his stand and it walked right towards him.

I deal with some pretty nasty genetic issues and other bloddy messes every other day but this one's hard to swallow! What is this????

post-500-1165943938.jpeg

post-500-1165944047.jpeg

I have no idea what that is, but I would not have touched it. Drag it out to the road and call G&F to come get it.

That is sick!

Ask your friend if there are any large factories around where that deer was taken. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but I've seen people get blisters like that from having corrosive wastes get on their skin. Could be somebody dumping something out there in a pond or something & this poor guy got into it.

Yikes...Radioactive waste or some potent acid sounds likely. I think it was great to put him out of his misery!

A friend of mine was telling me about a mule deer he shot this year in 37B in the Willow Springs area. From what he described it is the same or simular to what is pictured. He talked with Game and Fish and they said it was probalby firomas papileloma or some such thing. He said the state of Michigan had done a lot of research on it, it seems to be a more frequant occurance there. Here is a link, looks simular to the pictures.

http://www.mdwfp.com/wildlifeissues/articl...amp;article=115

Bill

Tines! :o I can't belive you sent me those pictures! My whole family grosed out and now we are all itching! :( the whole house feals infected :unsure:

These are indeed papillomas (also called fibropapillomas). These are simply black warts or tumors on the skin caused by a virus. If they are not too extensive they can dissappear by themselves. These usually cause concern when encountered on deer in the field (and have the capacity to gross whole families out), but they pose no health hazard to those handling the deer. These tumors are usually attached only to the skin and do not affect the underlying tissue or preclude the consumption of the meat (not that I would get within 10 feet of this one!). I have a picture of one of these in my book in the disease section. I focused on these things that you may encounter in the field and say "What the....?" Check out http://www.deernut.com if you are interested in learning more.

JIM

EEEWWWWWWWWWW, I would pass................................... :blink:

:unsure: :ph34r: :huh:

I'd have shot him too, but there is no way I would have put him in my truck let alone touched him! No way in heck I'd even think about eating him either!

Oh come on now guys, when I was in High School at good old coconino in Flagstaff the ladies in the cafeteria serving lunch all had those and they had big nasty black hair growing out of them!! :lol: They always seemed to have the biggest one on the tip of their chinny chin chin. One time I was eating a burrito at the cafeteria and found one of those big black hairs in it. I used it to floss after I finished the burrito. Worked really well!!!! :lol: ag