Sign in to follow this  
cramerhunts

Kampfeld Custom!

I love how the fluting matches up from the bolt to the barrel. It showes that he keeps an eye on detail. Beautiful tool you have there

The fluting looks totally slick Phil!

I've always drooled over Kampfields cerakote jobs as well. Can't wait to see the rifle in person.

Hoping she turns out to be a real shooter for you.

Did you weigh the rifle before and after the fluting and bolt skeletonizing?

Thanks for the comments guys!

Hector I didn't weigh it before and after but I'd think the weight savings isn't too much and definitely doesn't justify the cost but the athestetic appeal sure does.

It is the factory barrel and bolt which started out as the heavy 26" tube that comes on the new long range 700's. Debated going with another barrel but the quality of the factory tube was good so I stuck with it.

I've shot fluted barrels next to regular barrels and the heat dissipation on the fluted barrels is unreal.

So above how wicked your rifle looks, you'll notice a huge difference in the barrels cooling personalities.

• Like 2

Very true and a good point about the fluting Hector. Karl and I spoke of this as well and even though the weight savings isn't a lot it does shave some ounces which helps. So between the looks, weight, and cooling attributes it's a no brainier. It has also been proven time and again that fluting does not negatively affect accuracy.

All I can say is WOW! The best looking rifle I have ever seen. Thanks for sharing Phil. :)

TJ

Beautiful rifle Phil. I am sure it is going to shoot just as good as it looks. Now all you need is a tag in your pocket so you can use it.

Sweet rifle. Hopefully she's a shooter.

Finally got out to start breaking in the barrel and I believe she is going to be a shooter! I wasn't trying to site anything in, just trying to keep my point of aim the same and concentrate on a good break in. This was the target at 100 yards with factory ammo. Nine rounds and only one small flyer which was the very first round.Gun is super fun to shoot. I can't wait to get it dialed in and start stepping it out.

post-216-0-81618300-1396216907_thumb.jpg

• Like 1