36Bjunkie

Ammo??

Ok so i shoot a 7MM but i don't reload!This is my first elk tag..... so going with factory loads what should i use for Elk????

I have used Hornady 162 gn sst Superformance with great results.

350 yds bull elk he walked about 10 yds and fell over dead

600 yd bull elk dropped him

600 yd bull elk different year different shooter dropped him

• Like 1

TTSX gets my vote. those thing are just plain nasty.

If he is close enough and you hit him in the right spot it don't matter....... However, I don't always have an elk tag, but when I do I shoot Accubonds. Nosler partitions are good and as said above Triple shocks are the bomb.

• Like 2

Remington 150 grain swift scirocco, best factory load I have found for 7mm I shoot a BAR rem.

140 gr Nosler Partition. Any concerns with that load? No odd shots. Broadside. Bull.

Thanks Gents.

In 7mm Rem Mag, anything you can hit accurately with will do the trick. Cheap stuff, or superformance stuff all kill elk with no problem.

And always remember, don't practice with 150gr Rem Corelokt and then go hunting with the premium 170gr stuff, you'll miss if its a long shot ha ha.

Practice with what you'll hunt with. The Rem Core Lokt is great ammo for half the price of the premium stuff, and anything with a Nosler or Barnes or hornady up front is usually very good.

My humble .02 cents worth.

• Like 4

I am also a believer in the cheapo Rem Core-Lokt. Shot a bull at 328yds with 150gr Core-lokt and he dropped where he stood. Broadside through the elbow. Wife shot his buddy also 328yds hit the base of the neck and he fell right on his face. 30-06

/>

Love to get your opinions:My daughter is 10 years old, 75 lbs. She shoots the 7mm-08 and that's the max she can handle. She drew a tag and the place we hunt will most likely offer shots all inside 150 yds. I've got it dialed in with the Federal 140 gr Nosler Partition. Any concerns with that load? No odd shots. Broadside. Bull. Thanks Gents.

. No issue. My boy shot a cow elk last year at 330 yards with the same round and dumped it. My niece has also killed 2 bulls with that round.

/>

Love to get your opinions:My daughter is 10 years old, 75 lbs. She shoots the 7mm-08 and that's the max she can handle. She drew a tag and the place we hunt will most likely offer shots all inside 150 yds. I've got it dialed in with the Federal 140 gr Nosler Partition. Any concerns with that load? No odd shots. Broadside. Bull. Thanks Gents.

. No issue. My boy shot a cow elk last year at 330 yards with the same round and dumped it. My niece has also killed 2 bulls with that round.

Solid...thanks!

A TTSX or a 160 or 175 gr partition, they have never failed. also federal loads a Tipped Bitterroot this is an excellent bullet.

This bull was shot at 405 yards with a 270 using rem cor lock 140 grain $20 a box ammo. One shot drop it's all about shot placement

post-4491-0-65220600-1396071481_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Love to get your opinions: My daughter is 10 years old, 75 lbs. She shoots the 7mm-08 and that's the max she can handle. She drew a tag and the place we hunt will most likely offer shots all inside 150 yds. I've got it dialed in with the Federal 140 gr Nosler Partition. Any concerns with that load? No odd shots. Broadside. Bull. Thanks Gents.

No concerns, that is the perfect load for a 7mm-08 on elk.

If he is close enough and you hit him in the right spot it don't matter....... However, I don't always have an elk tag, but when I do I shoot Accubonds. Nosler partitions are good and as said above Triple shocks are the bomb.

This. Any big game load will work fine. Partitions, Accubonds, Barns or any other mid to heavy bullet designed for deep penetration would be best if you are forced to make a "Texas heart shot".