hunter1026

Goulds state record!!!

Killed this bird opening day we found him a couple weeks ago and went out every day I could to keep an eye on him shot him at 28 yards and he should be the new state record at 2 and 6/16" it was a great weekend with family and friends even had my wife and four month old daughter with mepost-2786-0-32186400-1399245989_thumb.jpg

post-2786-0-89254600-1399246121_thumb.jpeg

• Like 6

Nice job. Beautiful Bird

Congrats on a great bird!

Brian

.......................................................................................................................

Very cool! Beautiful bird and family- great picture. Would you mind giving some more details? What unit, beard length, weight if you have it. Congratulations on an awesome trophy.

Congratulations on your bird. I think that's awesome but what makes a new state record? I didn't know they recorded such a thing. Is it weight, length of beard, length of spur or how many feathers it has? Whatever it is my congratulations to you. :)

TJ

• Like 1

Bowhunting in AZ record book has a category for the Goulds. both spur lengths added together is total score. most Goulds only have one spur or none. very lucky to harvest one with 2. congrats on your bird!

Congrats! My buddy and I stopped into your camp yesterday. We had the guy that was sitting on the tank. We came home empty handed but learned a lot. I called one into 8 yds this morning but my shooter couldn't make it happen. Just too thick and awkward for a shot.

• Like 1

Bowhunting in AZ record book has a category for the Goulds. both spur lengths added together is total score. most Goulds only have one spur or none. very lucky to harvest one with 2. congrats on your bird!

I believe Rick Forrest has the record now and won quite an award for taking it. Sure are lots of good turkey stories this year. Quite a tribute to the NWTF and Millican's work.

Congrats!! Awesome!!!