Sign in to follow this  
Coues Kid

which pack is the best all around for hunting?

I guess it depends on what your budget and your goals are. Are you looking to backpack with it and carry your camp on your back or are you just looking for a day hunting pack? There's a huge spectrum to choose from based on this.

• Like 2

I was in the not break the bank camp and ended up buying an eberlestock blue widow. I loved the idea pack when I first got it and really tried to make it work. I found that when I was archery hunting I spent more time trying to adjust the pack to make it comfortable than I did hunting. I ended up selling it and some other stuff to buy a kifaru timberline I pack. I am impressed with my tests so far, but it has not seen an opening day or any quarters so I can't give it a fair review. I will say that I liked my old badlands 2200 fit much better than the eberlestock. If I were to start over with a couple hundred bucks to spend I would go with a 2200.

• Like 1

I guess it depends on what your budget and your goals are. Are you looking to backpack with it and carry your camp on your back or are you just looking for a day hunting pack? There's a huge spectrum to choose from

based on this.

Well I'll possibly be back packing in on my buddys elk hunt in September other than that hunt it will just be day hunts rifle and archery.

I have packed out alot of critters with my 2200. I still think all packs have their place with individuals, they all dont fit each of us the same. Find the pack that fits you and you will be much happier than trying to use what fits others.

I have the Sitka Bivy 30 and can fit a deer fully deboned, hyde, and head plus my tripod and binos. A lot of room and VERY light plus the frame is nicer than most packs allowing your back to not sweat.

Check out Hornhunter full curl!! I have the complete system & it is an awesome pack!!!

I have the Eberlestock J34 and love it. Haven't had the pleasure of packing any game out with it yet, but have been on quite a few scouting trips with it. I wanted a pack that I could use as a day pack and something that I could use for backpack type hunting. Santana outdoors has a bunch of reviews up of a lot of packs. Check them out. Good luck.

I have an older eberlestock J style that I got used from another CWT member. It does everything I need and has packed hefty portions of a couple of bulls. Great pack and very well constructed.

I also have a Rancho Safari pack, their largest model, again extremely well constructed and versatile and their customer service is great.

Difference in the old and new 2200 and when was the change?

Any one have a Kuiu 1850 Icon in Southern Az.?

i have a 1850 but I'm in Tempe. You are morecthan welcome to stop by and try her on if you're ever in the area.

I have the hornhunter full curl and a 2200. I use the full curl for backpacking and its a good pack for that, but I still use the 2200 95% of the time for day hunts. For what you are looking for, I would go with the 2200.

FWIW - before I got the full curl, I did a 6 day backpacking trip with the 2200.... and while it was tight to get everything I needed, it worked fine. Have packed out elk quarters with it too.