I dont remeber the numbers for sure but I figured it up a while back. I think there are around 150 or so with max points. Last year I believe 24 guys in the max group got drawn so in theory if you have max points you are pretty moch going to draw a tag in the next 6 years. For everyone 2 or 3 years below max unless your like 30 you probally will never see max points.

Yep, you hit the nail on the head, as many people with 2 points seem to get drawn as with 23 points, makes you wonder why you buy that point every year sometimes :)

I'll never forget calling in to check results the year i got pulled. "congratualtions, you were drawn for...bighorn sheep...you were drawn for hunt #----"

• Like 1

I talked to a lady at G&F who said "You should really put in for a tag because the odds are actually better than you would think due to a lot of people only buying the bonus point". I have always been that guy, just entering #6000 in the box... not any more... unit 39w and 42!!

Hoping for back to back tags after drawing unit 42 last year. I would say my odds are low..has anybody ever pulled back to back?

I thought it was once a lifetime? No back to back unless rock/desert.

Yes I'm referring to drawing a desert then a rocky tag!

I don't know the stats on back to back, I don't have a cool pic, jiff, gif, hig, or big. No YouTube, face page, my book video to show. I don't even have a good answer or joke or come back or smart butt remark. I don't have negative or positive remarks, inside info, or something worth saying. Good luck. I hope you are so lucky!

Sittin on 24 bps,seems like a never ending bad dream,32 years worth. The article in Eastmans was an eye opener. That being said I have applied many times for less then optimal units . neighbor drew with 4 bps and friend drew with none. Its gonna happen soon I hope.

• Like 1

Hoping for back to back tags after drawing unit 42 last year. I would say my odds are low..has anybody ever pulled back to back?

idk, that would be incredibly fortunate. id probably go into a jealous rage if i heard that happened. but really though if that hasnt happened im still saying the luckiest ever is me getting desert and my dad getting rocky the same year with minimal points. separate applications obviously.

Sittin on 24 bps,seems like a never ending bad dream,32 years worth. The article in Eastmans was an eye opener. That being said I have applied many times for less then optimal units . neighbor drew with 4 bps and friend drew with none. Its gonna happen soon I hope.

If you don't draw and want some help next year hit me up. Atleast I can make sure you are in the game. I ran out of time this year and did not run the odds. But typically I have a good handle on where not to put in.

If you don't draw and want some help next year hit me up. Atleast I can make sure you are in the game. I ran out of time this year and did not run the odds. But typically I have a good handle on where not to put in.

The tags that went to the bonus past last year got a little screwy given the new units added. The superstition wilderness hunt and the 37B hunt both had high demand from max point folks, which meant that a few units that normally would have all gone completely to the bonus pass had a tag fall into the 1/2 pass. It will be interesting to see what happens this year.

GREAT, THX, will take you up on that if the nightmare continues.