I've got a Remington 700 XCR chambered in 300 Win Mag that i'd like to spruce up a bit. I really like the Sendero fluted barrels but they are hard to find. Anyone have any suggestions on a suitable Sendero type fluted barrel?

Call Marty at twisted barrel, he can add your choice of a dozen or more fluting options to any barrel mfg you decide on. He is out of Wyoming i believe.

I have two of the Brux interrupted from Brux and they shoot great. On the last build I wanted something different so he did an interrupted twist fluting on a hart barrel. It turned out awesome, also fluted the bolt and lightened, No pics up yet still deciding what to do with the stock.

Brux.

I have a Schneider barrel cut like a Sendero on my 300WM. I have been extremely pleased with this setup. First true 1/2 minute rifle that I have owned.

You are going to spend a lot of money to get another barrel, have it chambered/ installed and fluted. If it still shoots good just send it out to get fluted.

This guy is a sponsor on Snipers Hide and is a stad up guy with quick turnaround.

http://proprecisionrifles.com/pricelist.html

If you are set on a new barrel.....Brux, Rock, Krieger and Bartlein are 4 of the top barrel makers. Filp a coin and as long as a good smith installs it you will be happy with any of them.

Send it off to shaw for fluting or purchase a new fluted barrel from them and have them install it. By far the cheapest route.

Looking at various polls and match results it is obvious that Krieger is the most popular, Brux 2nd and Bartlein a close third. I just ordered my 1st Brux in fluted Sendero. Currently running Lilja and Bartlein. The Lilja seems like the steel is a bit softer than others and it has not held up as well as I'd hoped it would have. The Brux is replacing this Lilja currently chambered in 6.5-284 and will become a straight 284 win. My Bartlein isn't quite as accurate as I'd like but it's still a very accurate barrel. I'm looking for .2s and .3s and this one is a solid .4-.5 with the heavies (210-215s in the 308). In the very near future I'm going to also try a Schneider barrel. Not sure what chambering. Maybe 300 win mag.

Let us know what you decide.

M