Sign in to follow this  
arizonaelkhunter

Recent Jaguar Pics and other critters down south

I hope they have insurance on the 200 cameras , I have trouble keeping two.

UA to Study Jaguar Presence in Southwest. College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.

http://www.cals.arizona.edu/spotlight/ua-study-jaguar-presence-southwest

https://www.flickr.com/photos/usfws_southwest/sets/72157632294203147/

I know from talking to there field biologists, that camera theft is a huge issue for the study.

That's a big bobcat, great pics and that bear is awesome too.

first glance ----- short bobbed curly tail - BOBCAT they come in an all phases of spot and patterns - none which looks like a jaguar

I wouldn't worry about the G&F thinking its a Jag

Im calling it an ocelot... im no biologist....but that's not a jaguar a friend of mine has pics of an ocelot down south.

Im calling it an ocelot... im no biologist....but that's not a jaguar a friend of mine has pics of an ocelot down south.

Incorrect. Not an ocelot. Ocelots have long tails. Google ocelot.

• Like 1

UA to Study Jaguar Presence in Southwest. College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.

http://www.cals.arizona.edu/spotlight/ua-study-jaguar-presence-southwest

I know from talking to there field biologists, that camera theft is a huge issue for the study.

It's about time they feel the same pain we feel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UA to Study Jaguar Presence in Southwest. College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. http://www.cals.arizona.edu/spotlight/ua-study-jaguar-presence-southwest

They should not leave them more than 72 hours, else wise they are abandoned. I think that is the terms being placed on the rest of us.

• Like 1

The Jaguar that is roaming southern AZ right now is very similar in size to a large tom mtn lion.

I hate to break it to you but there are several jaguars roaming southern AZ, not just 1. I know that at one point AZG&F had 5 collared. I know the guys that chase lions down there with dogs have treed many but purposely don't post picture of it nor talk much of it. AZ does not want any land in Southern AZ deemed habitat for jaguars. If the feds recognize it as natural habitat for a roaming jaguar then it becomes a non-huntable protected area and we're screwed.

Ocelots have long tails. It's a goofy colored variant of a bobcat. That ain't no jaguar

• Like 3

The Jaguar that is roaming southern AZ right now is very similar in size to a large tom mtn lion. [/size]

I hate to break it to you but there are several jaguars roaming southern AZ, not just 1. I know that at one point AZG&F had 5 collared. I know the guys that chase lions down there with dogs have treed many but purposely don't post picture of it nor talk much of it. AZ does not want any land in Southern AZ deemed habitat for jaguars. If the feds recognize it as natural habitat for a roaming jaguar then it becomes a non-huntable protected area and we're screwed.

Ocelots have long tails. It's a goofy colored variant of a bobcat. That ain't no jaguar

probably shouldn't have even mentioned this. I'm on your side, but treeing a jag could be construed as harassing an endangered species. Cat chasers will be the first to be banned, kinda shocked it hasn't happened yet. Atleast down south. Shhhhh.

The Jaguar that is roaming southern AZ right now is very similar in size to a large tom mtn lion.

so lets delete this post and keep it on DL broski

That ain't gonna happen. You guys need to stay current on news.

AZG&F already submitted their report based on their findings to the Feds recommending Southern AZ to not be included in protected area. Feds bought it and we're out of the quagmire. AZF&F stated that the AZ area equaled less than 1% of the roaming territory of the jaguars.

All this is public knowledge.

Jaguars are treed in Southern AZ consistently. They let them go as they are protected in the US. No biggy.

01_jaguar_112911.jpg

Jaguar1.jpg

There are literally dozens of pictures of treed jaguars on houndsman forums and generally across the internet. Most come to AZ and NM.

Back in the old days we used to be able to shoot them here in AZ,

• Like 3