Guest akaspecials

First come, first served. It's that simple. If the blind is completely dilapidated, (which it doesn't sound like it is) then remove it. If not, just get there before him and set up you own blind. Sitting in someone else's blind is a recipe for disaster unless you're willing to vacate when he gets there. ...

One of these days someone is gonna get shot over this shoot and it's not worth it. people...

Here is an idea. Study your camera pictures very closely, try to figure what direction the deer is coming in from. If he is there before you simply sit the trail that deer is coming from 30-50 yards away from your blind. Thoughts???

Are you serious? Sitting 30-50yrds away is a good way to get an a$$ kickin for sure. I would talk with him and try and work something out between yens. Plan B, C, & D has always worked for me. I have left many notes on my tree stands and in my blinds stating the date and time I planned on being there. That still doesn't give me the right to the spot, only if I'm there first. I also make it a point to tell them they are welcome to use my stand or blind.

Many years ago on opening morning of elk season I walked up to my tree 1/2 hr before light and someone was sitting it. I had two stands on this sight so I could switch depending on the wind. His buddy was in my other stand. He offered to leave and I insisted on him sitting it since shooting time was fast approaching. I went to plan B and killed a nice 5x5.

Same water catchment but a few years later I go back to climb in my stand for the evening and another hunter had put up his stand 30yrds from mine and he was sitting in his stand. He also offered to leave and I told him he got there first so I went to plan B. That night I had noticed he wasn't out of the woods yet so I drove to the catchment and found him gutting out a very nice 6x6 I had been getting on camera. I congratulated him and helped him get his bull back to the truck.

I have found it's better to work towards a solution than multiplying the problem. Keeping a good attitude will go along ways when dealing with those who don't know how the game should be played. Alot of newcomers to hunting just haven't been taught and you could be the one who mentors them in to being a good ethical hunter. :)

TJ

• Like 14

i was gonna write this epic post, but TJ nailed it.

that said, i would never sit someone else's blind or stand, nor would i ever remove their blind from the woods, even if it was just a popup blind. how selfish would that be?

• Like 1

At this point it becomes mine. Technically it is abandoned property.

• Like 1

Set up a camera or try leaving a note. If the hunter never comes around it is abandoned property littering the area. At that point in time you could either use it or trash it. If the hunter does come around every so often then I would just leave him be. He is basically squatting the area year around and probably has little morals/ethics. Those individuals you usually don't want to get into arguments with.

You know what. I wouldn't be surprised if somebody set it out to hunt it, but. Couldn't find the spot again. Lol

I really hate lazy people. People who don't work and live off my tax dollars, people who have a job but sit around while co-workers do all their work and people who use other peoples hunting gear. I have no problem with someone beating me to a spot and putting up their own stand or ground blind but to be so lazy as to sit in someone else's setup is LAZY. It is a lot of work to scout, pack in gear and find the best spot due to wind to set up. I've heard of people who just go around looking for spots so they can use them. This is disgusting to me.

If someone moves in on your spot the best way to handle it is to communicate like adults. Most of the time something can be worked out.

I would hunt that spot but I would set up my own blind. Don't like using other peoples stuff but that's just me. Good luck Gps coordinates if possible.

I can see a natural blind being build and staying there for a long time but an ugly pop-up...disgusting and should be reported....this guy is not a true sportsman..i'll bet he hunts at night with a spot light too...

Update!! Being the nice guy that I am, I left note attached to pop up blind. I did leave my phone number name and my intent come archery deer season. Uuggghhh!!! The older I get the softer I get !! Stay tuned we will see what happens next! The trail that passes by the said spot is getting hammered!!

I never touch other peoples stuff as I hate going to where I have equipment and know people have been messing with it. With that said use it as it has been stated this is a first come first serve state. If you dont like the other guys blind put yours next to it. I always try to take pics of the blinds so I have record of when they are up and for how long. If you can prove that it has been abandoned contact AZGFD and they might move it for you or tell you to move it.