It's that time of year again to set out my cam's and get the blood pumping for August. I go to one of my sets and low and behold there is a pop up that is sitting in the exact spot I set mine up. Urrgh! A little history, this last December I go to my spot and this same pop up is sitting there. No biggie he beat me to the punch go to plan b. January comes and I take a chance and head back to this spot and the pop up is there still unattended . I go to plan b again. He beat me to this spot again! Thinking that this august I could start fresh I walk up to hang my trail camera and this pop up is still there faded ,chairs and trash still in it! I wouldn't be so pissed but I have a good buck(nothing huge) pretty in velvet that I would love to arrow! I know first come first serve, but leaving your pop up out year round isn't going to deter me this year! Don't be surprised if you go to get in your pop up and I'm in it!!

What are your thoughts?? Year round really???? What would you do?post-3949-0-06895600-1404682791_thumb.jpg

As good as Yours. Congrats on Your new pop up.................BOB!

• Like 1

The current AZ G&F regulation book states (paraphrasing) that a blind, pop up, tree stand, feeder or trail camera left at a location does not 'reserve' that location to any one hunter come opening day. Courtesy should be extended to whichever hunter arrives there first come opening morning having the benefit of hunting that location that day or until he/she leaves. That makes sense to me but I can imagine opening day is a mad rush to some locations and heated arguments in the dark of morning.

I know of a friend who went in beforehand and created a natural blind with sticks and branches and such and showed up opening day to another hunter in his blind. Major argument insured and the initial hunter left the blind and it was hunted by my friend. Did the visitor have to leave it?

Guest oneshot

Set-up at that spot and hunt it if you are the first person there, I wouldnt use someone elses gear unless I had permission from them... Sweep the ground to clear footprints so you can see if it's being used, I do that everytime I leave brush-blinds of mine...

Guest oneshot

The current AZ G&F regulation book states (paraphrasing) that a blind, pop up, tree stand, feeder or trail camera left at a location does not 'reserve' that location to any one hunter come opening day. Courtesy should be extended to whichever hunter arrives there first come opening morning having the benefit of hunting that location that day or until he/she leaves. That makes sense to me but I can imagine opening day is a mad rush to some locations and heated arguments in the dark of morning.

I know of a friend who went in beforehand and created a natural blind with sticks and branches and such and showed up opening day to another hunter in his blind. Major argument insured and the initial hunter left the blind and it was hunted by my friend. Did the visitor have to leave it?

" Did the visitor have to leave it???"...By AZG&F rules No... By a hunter with some kind of ethics and a sense of right and wrong, Yes...

Drag it out and set it by the road.

• Like 1

Piss on it. And fill it with moth balls

Joking of course so I don't hurt any feelings out there in this sensitive place.

One can only hope that a new / just getting started hunter or a non hunter that wants to get started or learn more about why we hunt does not view this thread, We as hunters and supposed adults should be ashamed of some of the replies. You want to shi*** in the blind, Pi**** in it REALLY !!!.....We Know NOTHING of the individual that left this blind, His level of experience, Reason for leaving the blind. WHY in the world would anyone in this situation not attempt to make contact with the other hunter, why not leave a note, Ask what his plans are, Are you hunting the same days, It just might be that he has no idea you are even planning on hunting that water / spot. Worst case you find out when he's hunting so you don't wast your time....Or share the blind...Unbelievable when did we as hunters loose the ability to act like adults !!!

• Like 4