Sign in to follow this  
mc68

Post em up

Cmon people, I know a bunch of you had to of went up North for the long weekend. I need to see pics and stories of all the critters you saw(mainly the bulls). Please help a brother out!!

I didn't take any pics but we saw lots of elk while camping at big lake. At night the bulls were bugling right behind our camp. I was surprised to hear them so early. It wasn't like they were rutting, just kinda talking to each other.

No pics,I tried with my camera phone but didn't come out well, blame in on the beers. Lots ofturkey, elk, deer where out in force before the monster rain/ hail storm that went though 6a. I can't recall the last time I have seen so many twins with each cow. Always nice to see my honey hole not have one camper on the road into and out of.

Morman lake has elk in the middle and my lil 5 year old nephew could see them with the naked eye if anyone wants to make sure the lil ones see some animals.

My daughter and I were supposed to go up for a long weekend, but got called back Thursday afternoon about 3:30pm when my wife got rear ended and totaled her Mustang.

We left Thursday morning about 2:45AM, and before sunrise @ 5:45AM, had seen 68 elk (one stud bull, 2-3 mature 6x6, a few raghorns/spikes, and a bunch of cows w. calves. Also saw antelope with a decent buck in the herd, 10 deer with 3 small bucks, 2 turkeys, a lone coyote, a prairie dog town (which now has two less than before we got there), and a bunch of rabbits and various birds.

Only a few photos, as most of the elk were seen when it was too dark to photograph them.

a raghorn bull

004_zpsbb02d7b7.jpg

Antelope buck

011_zps69739d47.jpg

Jake turkey

031_zpsd59ead7e.jpg

Jackrabbit

026_zps5c2a2e21.jpg

Lucky coyote

035_zpsab437410.jpg

• Like 2

Hornhunter.

Those are some stud bulls there.

The one with the extra beam is awsome. Any side view pictures of that one?

OMG!!! Now that's what I'm talking about! Thanks people and please keep em coming. Love the pic of the little girl glassing em up too!!

Great pics everyone! Thanks for posting.