Sign in to follow this  
max1hunter

Wac'em broadheads

Who uses Wac'em broadheads? I just want to hear the different opinions out there. I am open to trying the three or four blade and probably 100 gr. I am thinking 100 gr would suffice for archery bull. Do they fly pretty true to a field point? I've heard good things from a buddy that worked at a local archery shop. Thanks for the help.

My uncle shoots them they fly great no problems I shoot the slick tricks and love them can shave your arm right out of the package

I shot them from my last bow and they shot like darts. I just picked some up from a member here to test out.

I shoot them and love them!!!Ive shot/played with a TON of fixed 3 blade heads! There are some great heads out there, however the wac'ems just continue to come to the top!

Me personally I love the design of the heads, the blades are locked into place bye the brass ring, The blades can be changes out in a few moments and the head can be put on a flat stone real quick.....and once again you have a brand new head.....mind you a SHARP as heck head at that!!! Im a little.....over the top i guess you could say about my equip. my arrow/head combo has to spin like a top and fly like a dart... and these fixed heads do just that!!

There are a few other gents here that im sure will chim in on this....one in perticular that has loved them from the start.....and has killed ow just a FEW critters with um....Roy...

either way give them a try, Im certain you will like them...and make sure to post up the grip-n-grin pics after you kill that bull with a Wac'em!!!

Wac em' pro staffer here. Love their heads. Fly like missiles out to great distances with fantastic penetration and easily changeable blades. From the factory, I think you will notice that they are one of the sharpest broad heads out there. I have taken a bunch of animals with Wac ems' and have been very impressed with my results. I shoot the standard 3 blade 100 gr triton. They are spot on field point to broad head point of impact.

I have shot them for years, they are hard to find (harder years ago).... fly like field tips...

just picked up a pack of Slick Trick... might make a change due to cost and availability

Fly great, sharp blades but I switched BH due to blade failure. Once on a javi, got lucky and recovered it. I stopped using them after I lost a bear due to blade failure. The bear pulled the arrow out. 2 blades were missing and one was broke but still connected. (Yes I used a BH wrench) I've killed a few animals with Wac'em BH and they worked great but after 2 failures in a row I switched.

I have switched to the 3-blade100 grain Wac'Em Triton XLs, which give you a larger cutting diameter than the standard Tritons. Huntjunkie, sorry to hear you lost a bear. It seems that their thick coat is notorious for soaking up blood before it hits the ground. I'd like to hear more details about your experience with that one!

Last 2 years shooting the wac'em exit 125, they perform flawlessly for me at any distance I wish.

post-1816-0-78113700-1379612830_thumb.jpg
post-1816-0-45759000-1348342276_thumb.jpg
post-1816-0-20897400-1344970435_thumb.jpg
  • Like 3

I'm shooting that same, or very close to the same Doinker stabilizer... I tried it with all three weights, but found I grouped best with only one weight added to the front.