Sign in to follow this  
andrsn12

Big Bull Down!

Yeah I got this pic on my phone from my buddy James today... We had a good laugh, cuz he and I have hunted that hunt before and the bulls were not this easy to find...LOL. Shame to see a good one rot on the side of the road...

Does anyone know how this bull died? Has it been check out by azgfd to see the cause of death? I would liked to have seen this bull been taken by a hunter. It is sad but something will benefit from the kill.

TJ

Original post said that it was "hit"..... look at the picture..... right by the highway.

DesertBull: the Gila river corridor isn't within the OTC boundaries; looking at the picture, it could be on the corridor side of the highway.... It could've been a bull one of the tag holders could've taken on the limited opp hunt coming up; too bad on that.

• Like 1

Original post said that it was "hit"..... look at the picture..... right by the highway.

DesertBull: the Gila river corridor isn't within the OTC boundaries; looking at the picture, it could be on the corridor side of the highway.... It could've been a bull one of the tag holders could've taken on the limited opp hunt coming up; too bad on that.

Just because it was lying next to the highway doesn't necessarily mean it was hit by a vehicle. It could have been hit by a bullet. Just saying!

TJ

looks like it got dragged... suxs, wish a hunter would of taken him during season.

• Like 1

The bull was hit by the car shown above yesterday morning. Where it was hit, from what I have been told, was not far from Ft. Thomas. There are alfalfa fields along the highway there that several of my friends have seen the small herd of elk that live in the river corridor before. It is kind of interesting though because I had never heard of a bull anywhere close to this size. Only other thing I thought about was I know that fire on the Rez is not too far from there so maybe he came down??? I would have thought they would have tried to salvage what they could off of the bull? I agree though, what a waste.

I used to issue game tags to elk hit by vehicles...people didnt know they are allowed to take the meat if they were the ones that hit the elk. A lot of elk went to waste but some people were thrilled to take the meat.