I seem to recall that some members were selling firearms on this website, and I thought that their price was too high. I therefore did not buy the firearm. I certainly did not expect that if I mentioned that I thought there price was high, that they would give me the gun. People are always going to devalue items that someone has for sale, and they also ask too much for their items that are for sale. there are shows on tv about it... it's called dickering! Personal attacks are BS!

• Like 3

I have only met Stanley a couple times but I can tell you from those meetings the guy is no sucker. Seems to me he understands the value of his time and figures paying secondary markup on ammo is a better investment than camping out with the people of wal mart on a Friday morning (cause you know he probably has a JOB).

The guy earned money, chose to spend it and didn't bother to ask any of his friends for a handout or favor. Props to him.

Can we go back to posting scouting picks and asking people where we should hunt this fall since we are all so strapped for cash we can't afford 22 ammo or application fees, much less gas to go scouting. (Nevermind the $2 grand worth of glass around my neck). :)

• Like 1

I don't expect prices to drop for a long time if ever. Once in a while you see them for 5 cents a round but most of the companies like Gander Mountain and Cabelas limit you to one box. I don't like seeing the unavailability either and I haven't even seen any at Walmart in forever. I live in Mesa and if I drive to Cabelas to buy some it costs me almost $20 in Diesel.

Track realtime prices here.

http://www.gunbot.net/ammo/rimfire/22lr/

Jeepers guys... kill this thread already. Oh wait, I just kept it going!

• Like 1

Wow, this is brutal. Maybe ALYUAZ paid $50 plus a brick and is just getting his money back. What is wrong with that? We have all seen the price of .22s and after shipping I can easily see that this may have been his cost.

I thought about buying them also. Except I have a full brick and I will keep looking for a better price. Like someone mentioned, we all can't stand in line and hope we can buy one box at Walmart. I sure don't want to do that in the summer. Nor do I want to drive 50 miles each way to Cabellas or pay for shipping from some other vendor.

The bottom line is that Stanley did not have to drive all over town wasting time and money and he now has some 22 ammo to shoot.

Most of us who are in our 40s and 50s grew up shooting Remington rounds out of our 22s. They shot pretty good when I was a kid and they still do.....nothing wrong with them in my book. They certainly are not junk.

• Like 1

Oh....... So ALYUAZalso got ripped off and then Stanley did! Ah hahaha just stirring the pot! Only reason I don't pay $50 a pop for 22 is I'll reload my 223 and keep shooting that for 21 cents a round! I don't know what I'll do if that goes up.

Crazy cabellas had bricks of 525 about 2 yrs ago and before for 18 bucks on many of there end caps. Always there Los leader and now it's gone crazy. I think in the coming months supply and demand will prove true and all ammo prices will go way down.

Stanley, I'm behind you (though that doesn't do much for you.) And you, too, ALYUAZ.

The preachers and hypocrites came alive on this one. Anytime you see the usage of class warfare tactics, like "he's a rich guy" etc. you can be sure the Devil is having his way!

• Like 1

I know two things! One is that Stanley wanted the ammo so he bought it, more power to him. The second thing I know is that ALYUAZ must not of had any friends on this site, because I didn't have to suffer the first three post after the listing saying Wow Bro what a great buy, what a great price and what a great guy!

• Like 1