sherman

Would you rather

Would you rather   

96 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather kill a

• 190" mule deer
    • 120" coues whitetail

I was just wondering because as a kid we only hunted mulies til I was like 16 but I have never looked back. Until my buddy told about a huge mulie in 33 with like a 36 " spread.

Maybe I'm wrong, but in Arizona, it seems like a 120" whitetail would be more obtainable than a 190" Mulie? The elusive whitetail certainly has it's magic, but I sure would love to harvest a 190" Mulie before my time is up. Probably won't happen.

Sorry....But I had to vote 190" Mulie.

• Like 3

Maybe I'm wrong, but in Arizona, it seems like a 120" whitetail would be more obtainable than a 190" Mulie? The elusive whitetail certainly has it's magic, but I sure would love to harvest a 190" Mulie before my time is up. Probably won't happen.

Sorry....But I had to vote 190" Mulie.

This is the same way I feel. I love hunting coues but there is something about mule deer as well.

Sherman, is this the same mulie we talked about a few months ago?

. Yes it has been haunting me for a year now. But I got a 30b wt tag this year

I've seen that buck progress for years just never been able to get close enough. There's been a few guys after him from what I've heard. Saw him in jan. of 08 the first time and he was big then.

My 11 yr has his jr hunt (any antlered) unit 33 Oct 13-20, I would be happy to share the story along with many pics of this buck to everyone if your willing to point me in the right direction......just sayin

I got him on train cam, problem is the cows moved my camera so I only got a rear view from his sac down haha! He jumped out of a small gully one year about 50 yards from me, had his younger brother with him. Scared me so bad I didn't even think to draw my bow, just watched them run off into the canyon.

A 190" desert mule deer taken from public lands is no joke. I think a bit harder than a 120" coues though. A lot of people always talk about 200" mule deer and all that stuff but a 170" desert mule deer is a dang good deer, not easy to do, so a 190" is the stuff of legends. I hunt coues religiously but my vote it for the mule deer.

• Like 2

190 mulie for sure!

Been chasing a toad for three years and he keeps eluding me. He's not a 190 deer, but big enough for me!

There's something special about a big, wide mule deer staring you down at 65 yards and you're out of options. Who blinks first?!

Are you kidding me, 120" coues vs 190" muley? :o I just don't know when all the hype about inches took over in our hunting world. :rolleyes:

Hang a 120" coues along size a 190" muley and compare the two weights. There are definitely more steaks on a muley. I just asked my lab which she preferred and she said "are you kidding me? :huh: More chewing time on the muley".

Enough said with this vote. :D

TJ

• Like 4