sherman

Would you rather

Would you rather   

96 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather kill a

• 190" mule deer
    • 120" coues whitetail

I had to go with 120 Coues. People Shoot 170 to 190 inch mule deer from the rd all the time. Just hang out at the peaks theres a reason theres 7,000 hunters on one rd! I have never even seen a coues buck over 90 inches within a half mile of a rd.

Where's that at, 190" bucks from the road!!!???...
And don't forget "all the time".

Iv seen 3 deer in 7 killed over 180 by my neighbor and his Wife two of them over 190 in the last three years.Now thats alot of taxidermy fees!!! Two with bow one rifle. No those were not rd bucks. BUT I have seen deer that big from rd in 18b, 7, 6a , and 5b and 11m. and I have buddies who both shot 170+ and his girlfriend got 130+. all from rd in 11m and one in 6a just last year two with bow one rifle.So yes I would say people shoot 170-190 mule deer from the rd "all the time". Not to mention most of the strip deer stories and footage I have heard and watched takes place right off of a rd. I have been around and experienced all of that for mulies and still never seen a coues I would put over my Dads 111 Buck which is my target species. That is why I say Id rather have a 120 inch coues, Cause I know quite a few people with mule deer over 180 and 190 and not one person even close to 120inch coues. Big mulies just arent quite as evasive as big WTs. in my opinion.

Were you also drinking fire water while sitting water and passing a 120". Cause you must a been high.

Taking a buddy on the archery hunt to try and get down a buck bigger than that down, i am filming the hunt, hopefully we get some good footage to post up for you.

I'll take both please. A truly nice mulie is my dream hunt right now, but then again I'm just happy to be hunting anything.

Jennifer Anniston..........Oh wait, think that's a different poll.:)

I want a 120" coues first. Then a big muley. So I choose coues.

Brian

• Like 3

Here's the thing most big deer in the southern third of this state are not by the main roads that is how they get big is by being smart. Both of them have there challenges when being hunted. I really just wanted to see if there was people like me that would really have to think about it and with the draw done the forum was kinda slow so I tossed this out there. So far this has been good info for me

I had to go with 120 Coues. People Shoot 170 to 190 inch mule deer from the rd all the time. Just hang out at the peaks theres a reason theres 7,000 hunters on one rd! I have never even seen a coues buck over 90 inches within a half mile of a rd.

10n99pt.gif

119s1eo.gif

• Like 2

Standman, Jennifer Aniston probly weighs about 120 so she counts. I would take first then go get the Muley next season........BOB!

Standman, Jennifer Aniston probly weighs about 120 so she counts. I would take first then go get the Muley next season........BOB!

Guess I'm going to have to rethink my strategy for August. 120 or bust. Lol

Brian

I've killed 3 bucks over 200 and 2 of them are over 210, one with a bow, so I will have to go with the 120 coues. To be fair this post should have been a 200 incher or a 120 inch coues. There's multiple 120 inchers in every unit that has coues deer in this state but very very few units have multiple 200 inchers.

I have a 108" coues and a 165" mule deer mounted. People come over and see both of them and no one says a word about the coues deer. They all look at that mulie and go WOW. And that is only 165". Obviously most of them don't hunt but still. So it is definitely a 190" mulie for me. Way more wow factor.

• Like 2