Norteno

What's your FOC?

Well why didn't you say so? :) now we have all the pieces of the puzzle.

Him having an 80 lb draw was the only logical explanation...you should have just assumed that.
Im just wondering why he is shooting what he does....maybe hunts africa once in a while?

Because I can...

• Like 1

Mathews Switchback @ 68lbs (276fps) shooting Goldtips 340s with 100g Thunderhead Edge and Nockturnal nocks. (416g)

F.O.C. 12.98% KE 70.38 ft-lbs

What is the target for KE? The higher the better? What is exceptable for hunting big game?

not to shift direction of this thread,but you guys shooting the heavy weights should run your set-up thru a kinetic energy chart. Heavier is not always better. There is a spot between toothpick and lincoln logs that is the best for each individual set-up. Chrono your arrow and use this...http://www.goldtip.com/calculators.aspx

There is also a FOC chart below it.

While that is somewhat true..... momentum is better then kinetic imo. Shoot through a chronograph at 60-80 -yards and see how much energy you have lost with the lighter arrow compared to the heavier one....

I wanted to get 80lb limbs but everyone told me that I was stupid. but most people aren't strong.

Lol I always shot 80-100#s for years....... and recently went to a 70# bow and my shooting has gone down hill a tad..... I think the more holding weight helps me aim better..... I think im going to go back up to 80+ myself....

. Shoot through a chronograph at 60-80 -yards and see how much energy you have lost with the lighter arrow.

That would be a very tough shot to make(besides me shooting like sh!t) the downward drop of the arrow would be hard to thread thru a chrono. Would be interesting to compare at point of impact instead of right in front you.

• Like 1

Although my real goal is Elk, I'm going to make it out for archery deer in 10 days! After seeing my arrow drop at 70 yds with the 125gr head I decided to stick to the 100gr heads. I was shooting lights-out this morning out to 80 with my 100gr heads and my 7.9% FOC. Its going to be broadheads for me for the next 10 days. I'm using Wac'ems, so not too worried about differences in flight. We'll see how it goes

• Like 1