Sign in to follow this  
Couestracker

Kidso's bear calling seminar was awesome!

Thank you Keith for an excellent presentation, very informative and interesting. Everyone really enjoyed it and PVCI is grateful to you for your time.

A CWT member won the Savage Axis .308 scoped rifle in our monthly gun raffle! I'll let him identify himself if he so choses.

• Like 3

Nice. I wanted to go but my scheduled ride backed out (and you know who you are, shame) when he learned it was a bear calling and not a bear sending seminar.

One of the most Interesting and informative hunting seminars I have been to. I can't wait to go bear hunting.

• Like 1

It was a great seminar and presented very well. I'm surprised he isn't called "The Bear Whisperer". I learned a lot from it and will be trying some of the tactics this year for sure. David

• Like 2

I was the lucky one to win the Savage .308 rifle. A big thanks to PVCI for not only giving me a nice bear gun but for also hosting an incredible seminar by Keith. Im ready now to try my luck at a bear. PVCI from my first visit is a bunch of good folks. Thanks!

• Like 3

It was really awesome. I thought the addiction part of it was especially relevant. Good info on finding good habitat and calling hard! Thanks to PVCI for holding it, looks like a really fun group! That guy Eddy was pretty cool too, and now, is there anyone who attended that doesn't now want one of those special knives? :-)

Sorry y'all missed it. I can definitely identify with missing it b/c of work :-) Hopefully there will be more down the road. A gentlemen that's a member of the club grinds knives for raffles and members. Probably couestracker could tell us more. I'm not a member of the club so don't know much, and I live kind of far, but it looks like an awesome club to be a part of.

• Like 1

The knives are made by PVCI Life Member John Toner, who owns Continental Divide Knives (http://www.cdknives.com/). John is an awesome guy and he is very generous not only to PVCI, but to other hunting organizations.

He makes PVCI 20 knives each hunting season, then the Club awards them to the top hunters/callers/shooters (12 categories) at the end of the season. The remainder of the knives go to Club members who participated in the Club hunts, and are determined by drawing raffle tickets. One raffle ticket for each registered hunter per hunt (1 each month), plus each team (or hunter) gets extra tickets if they made one of the 3 places (1st, 2nd or 3rd place) for that hunt, based on score of animals harvested. I have won 2 knives so far. One at our Annual Campout & Bar-B-Que, and one as a participant in the season hunts.

John also makes the Club knives for several Annual Club events, then we sell $1 raffle tickets and draw the winning ticket at the event. Also John usually make one for our Christmas fund raising auction, so that one is either sold by live or silent auction.

So, how can you get a John Tonner knife you ask? Well, you can buy one direct (check out his website), or join PVCI and come hunting with us to have a good chance at one by raffle, or come up to the George Knox Memorial Predator Hunting Boot Camp, either as a mentor or camp help, because a set of Johns knives will be awarded to one lucky person at the camp by raffle. The boot camp is a lot of fun, we need mentors, kids want to learn hunting skills, everyone gets fed all weekend......it's a win-win situation!

Thanks for reading! Tommy.

Sounds like a great evening, I wish I would have been in town.

Work gets in the way of my fun an awful lot. :P