Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Political Discussions request

Hey All,

I just wanted to remind everyone that the political subforum was originally intended for political discussions related to hunting. This is, afterall, a hunting related website and I would like to see the political subforum get back to topics related to hunting. I am hoping you guys will help me with that. FYI, with all the subforums, there is a little description underneath them that describes the intent of the subforum. For the political subforum, that description is "This forum is for discussion politics related to hunting".

Let's see if we can stick to that.

Thank you!

Amanda

• Like 8

Guest oneshot

Thank You the phone call and the clairifacation Amanda,

Have a great time with the Owls and slather the tick-reppy on thick...

Thanks for posting. I don't think I ever noticed the "politics related to hunting" and I bet others may not have noticed either.

I see enough general politics in the news and elsewhere so it will be nice to not see it here either. :D

• Like 5

I say if other members don't like the political discussions they should just not click on them. I personally enjoy coming to a place where theres like minded individuals, its refreshing from the b.s main stream media. jmho

• Like 6

I play nice!

I'll add that Amanda has a lot of patience. Some of the shenanigans I've seen on here (not much but some) would have had me responding much faster and harsher. Kudos to Amanda. Hip hip horay!

• Like 2

It was informative and entertaining while it lasted. Thanks snapshot and oneshot. For dustin25 oh well.

Re-directing our focus to "politics related to hunting" will probably show that the same people, or group of people, who are causing problems elsewhere are the same ones causing problems for the hunting community. Focusing our efforts a little closer to home, might be fun. And a way to maybe actually see results.

I want to set the record straight. This has nothing to do with Amanda's request.

Awhile back I posted a topic about the Sportsman's Bill in this forum. It got 92 views and ZERO replies.

2 Individuals get in a fight over Islam, and everybody rushes to the Political forum and it gets over 1500 views,

You all complain about not wanting politics involved in this forum, yet you all flock over here to read everything that gets posted.

On top of that, some of you feel the need to make smartass remarks towards those of us that posted topics that were made with good intentions, even if some were in poor taste.

The view from the "High horse" that some of you sit on must be nice.

• Like 1

Guest wdenike

I for one , am disappointed . I had always treasured the freedom we had on cwt .

RUFFCOUNTRY, GOOD POST!!! :D :D :D

I personally think this actually will do the hunting community a disservice. Although some of the things may be way of base pertaining to hunting. For those that think there is not an agenda at the federal level, that includes trashing the second amendment and stopping sport hunting are delusional. I will give an example. My wife is a manager at a Starbucks. One day she asked a customer what she thought about the Bengazi situation. The woman replied I really don't know. What did he do?? Now these people are plentiful, and they breed and vote. The point I am trying to bring to every ones attention is the lack of knowledge. And that can be changed by spreading the word. (Both in the political arena and the hunting arena) By silencing and allowing the shenanigans not to be exposed does all Americans and yes hunters a real disservice. And to our warm and fuzzy, kumbiya members of the hunting community. It will hit us like the hammer of Thor. But it aint my gig, and I am pretty good at following the rules. :rolleyes:

Take care, Willie

• Like 2

Guest oneshot

Problems??? maybe different opinions, it's called "Life"...

Some of us are not the most PC around and may come off as d-bags, but we really are'nt. We are just like you for the most part, just have different views.

Not that anyone would care but, I have had around a dozen folks, brand new and older members, contact me about hunting in 34A in the last few weeks, happens each year before the deer seasons. I have given straight foward info, GPS locations, and sightings of nice bucks. Nothing asked for in return, offers galore. I do this to share my love of the Santa Ritas and because I want to give back to the best site on the web with 99% of the Members being guy's I would be proud to call friends...

I share my experiences, both good and bad, through hunting, fishing and living Life.

I have no problem with Amanda putting the focus back on hunting related issues for this forum, her site, her rules...

If/when there are issues related to the outdoor Life that I feel passionate about, rest assured, I will state my opinion, you may agree, you may disagree, you may dismiss it... Not a problem for me...

Agreed.I happen to think neither oneshot nor dustin25 did anything wrong.I saw good points to think about from both sides.plus,this is america,and if two guys can't argue passionately about what they believe,then we are getting away from what makes our country strong.it got a little heavy on the name calling,but hey,boys will be boys.I'm not above the occasional pissin match. Point is, it really doesn't matter who you think is right, I've been messaged by both of them welcoming me and they both seem like great guys,and would probably get along just fine if they didn't meet like this.