MULEPACKHUNTER

Monday Check in

Well honestly I'm new to it myself. But from what I gather there a hunting based company that is centered around bring fitness and nutrition into the hunting world. I purchased a month of there workout program. Basically you fill out a pretty detailed questioner about your goals and such and they build you a workout plan. It seems pretty cool its I've received the 1st 2 weeks already they also have there own app they use along with a coach that is more or less assigned to you through your program. I'm pretty stoked to be doing it. I also applied to join there Field staff and was accepted. Part of the requirements is to atleast do one month of the nutritional training or fitness so it works out pretty well.

Summer is up on us again. Spent all winter bulking and lifting. Gained around 5-7lbs of muscle. Now Im on week 7 cutting. Im just doing a flexible diet high in protein about 350 calories below my maintenance. Ive lost 7 pounds. Last time I was at 180 lbs I was at 20% body fat and last week I hit 180lbs again with the extra muscle I gained and Im at 15% body fat. For the first time in 15 years Im starting to look good :) Im going to keep going until I hate eating in a calorie deficit

• Like 1

Man I'm glad I'm not cutting , worst part of fitness.

Good long run Monday and good second long run tonight at the lake again. Week is starting off on track.

My first cut ever was a big one. All healthy, low calories!!! That sucked! Thats why people get off diets and plump back up because its just to extreme! While bulking I ate healthy 80% of the time and it was easy because I was always over eating and feeling full. This time for cutting I took the advise from people who has made a life out of lifting, cutting, and doing shows. They all say the same thing go long and slow with a cut. Since Im cutting and no longer over eating I feel more cravings for greasy foods. Breakfast I always eat half of a breakfast burrito from the food truck, and usually eat something good like a burger or pizza and wings for lunch. Dinner wife usually cooks something really good and healthy with lots of veggies and greens. As long as I keep hitting my calories and focus on protein I do good. Every week I drop 1/2 to 1 pound of weight every week. So more like 50% of the time I eat healthy while cutting. I won't put myself through what I did the first time.

101 degrees at the trailhead and zero other vehicles. Punched out 2.4 vertical with weight before a 4 mile jog/crawl from shade to shade. Ready for some rim to rim action this weekend.

post-10379-0-83837200-1527716211_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Ive been working in the sun all week! Thats enough for me! Your crazy to do it for exercise :)

If you think that sun exposure by choice is bad wait til you here about a little 27 mile stroll through the Grand Canyon! My brother in law had this on his bucket list and I volunteered to help make it happen.

North rim to south rim hike into the inferno. Full sun exposure and 100 degrees plus on our climb out of the canyon. 12 liters of water in 10 hours.

post-10379-0-43886500-1528264982_thumb.jpeg

post-10379-0-07509000-1528265015_thumb.jpeg

post-10379-0-64239300-1528265067_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

lost 10lbs the last 5 weeks, just been doing body weight exercises (dips, push ups, pull ups.) went to the gym for a week straight now so i think im hooked again. need to lose 10 more lbs. diet is 1 carne asada burrito for lunch, dinner is grouper or chicken with rice and broccoli and 2 small pitchers of miller light.

• Like 1

lost 10lbs the last 5 weeks, just been doing body weight exercises (dips, push ups, pull ups.) went to the gym for a week straight now so i think im hooked again. need to lose 10 more lbs. diet is 1 carne asada burrito for lunch, dinner is grouper or chicken with rice and broccoli and 2 small pitchers of miller light.

Sounds like my diet!! Good to see you back at the gym! From old post it sounded like you have spent a long time on the healthy or bodybuilding side of life.

Ive lost 12lbs now over a slow cut of 14 weeks and I am now at the point my strength is going down and starting to feel starving. Starting a Reverse diet back up to 2800 calories and bulk for the hunting season. Bulking calories is around 3000-3200 calories I can't wait

• Like 1

Yes I was about that life for a long time but I took 3 years off for no reason other than to binge eat. I tried reverse dieting once, lasted about 3 days before it became a dirty bulk.

• Like 1

We're officially 12 weeks from archery elk - time for a 12 Week Transformation. I got started on time for a change. Down 14 Since April 26, the day I got my tag in the mail. More to do - got a plan.

• Like 2

We're officially 12 weeks from archery elk - time for a 12 Week Transformation. I got started on time for a change. Down 14 Since April 26, the day I got my tag in the mail. More to do - got a plan.

It's amazing how much easier hiking is every pound that you lose.

• Like 1

trphyhntr - I just did a 2.5 mile no-load hill hike 50% uphill and 50% down - and lighter is always better. Better for the back, feet, knees - etc etc etc. Just btwn 15-16lbs down now is very noticeable.

• Like 1

trphyhntr - I just did a 2.5 mile no-load hill hike 50% uphill and 50% down - and lighter is always better. Better for the back, feet, knees - etc etc etc. Just btwn 15-16lbs down now is very noticeable.

Just remember go into this hunt back on calories surplus 2 weeks before the hunt and stay that way until the hunt is over. Cutting for 12 weeks you will loose lbs but strength as well. If you haven't been working out it will feel like your getting stronger while loosing weight. But you will be at full max strength while eating in surplus. Your going to want that when your hauling out that elk!! Good luck can't wait for your write up.