MULEPACKHUNTER

Monday Check in

"So I feel good about physical training, and need to get better about what I eat whenever traveling"

I'm in the same boat - my eating was mostly good but "mostly" doesn't cut it when cutting weight. Down only a half lb this week. Workouts still headed in the right direction. I could leave today for my elk hunt and be perfectly okay with the cardio level I'm currently achieving.

Anyone active on this thread started very very early getting ready for fall hunting - we'll all be JUST fine and well ahead of the pack if we keep it up.

"So I feel good about physical training, and need to get better about what I eat whenever traveling"

I'm in the same boat - my eating was mostly good but "mostly" doesn't cut it when cutting weight. Down only a half lb this week. Workouts still headed in the right direction. I could leave today for my elk hunt and be perfectly okay with the cardio level I'm currently achieving.

Anyone active on this thread started very very early getting ready for fall hunting - we'll all be JUST fine and well ahead of the pack if we keep it up.

Agreed. Mostly doesn't cut it when cutting weight. Yes fitness good, but I personally really need to cut more weight to take stress off back and joints. Going to PM you

As I was cranking out bar dips and sit ups this morning I wondered - why do I do this? So many easier ways to "hunt" than walking...

But, alas - I plan to actually hunt this year. Therefore, I have a plan for the summer to be ready for that endeavor. Down more weight - slow and steady. Workouts have been spot on. Strength up. Miles on my feet steadily increased. I tore thru the miles on my turkey hunt.

I'm headed out for a week of volcano hiking (part of the fall hunting plan). Not sure what to expect regarding terrain. We shall see.

Ever since my HAM hunt back in February, I swore I would get in better shape. I've walked over 70 miles for April. Only down about 10 lbs. but more will come off this summer.

• Like 1

Ever since my HAM hunt back in February, I swore I would get in better shape. I've walked over 70 miles for April. Only down about 10 lbs. but more will come off this summer.

10 is progress - tons of time before fall hunting.

I'm working MyFitnessPal like a champ - cut calories and lay down the miles

mr5vz9.jpg

so your saying if you eat less you'll lose weight? Weird, I might try that.
I'm thinkin drink less😰
  • Like 1

mr5vz9.jpg

its a new thing i came up with. Not serious. Eat less calories, but with the right recipes you can eat more volume.
  • Like 2

mr5vz9.jpg

I'm thinkin drink less😰

drink shots and avoid eating after.

• Like 1

I need some new ideas, I have lost 30lbs so far this year. I still have 20lbs to go. Here the problem I am getting board at the gym. I have a steel plate and 22 screws in my right leg. So everything I do has to be low impact. All I do is elliptical, and the bike. Any ideas how I can mix it up.

I need some new ideas, I have lost 30lbs so far this year. I still have 20lbs to go. Here the problem I am getting board at the gym. I have a steel plate and 22 screws in my right leg. So everything I do has to be low impact. All I do is elliptical, and the bike. Any ideas how I can mix it up.

Resistance training. Lift weights. I'm sure even with a steel plate and screws you can do some lower body weight training as well.

• Like 1

if you're gym is an LA Fitness use the pool ...swimming