MULEPACKHUNTER

Monday Check in

65 lb pack up mesquite canyon trail in the white tanks tonight. Ouch

Yeah but your wife carried it...

lol - now that's funny :lol:

There's always a comedian.

Frantically crawled back and forth under porch to break up a three way dogfight. Certainly got the cardio going and feeling it in the deltoids today.

PS my ol yellow mutt beat the crap out of two high browsed boxers. Doesn't surprise me, seen him take on all comers and once sent three big dogs packing. Jack London would be proud.

I'm in Cabo now and still working out daily

Forget that. Get on a boat and pull on some tuna

That was part of Monday and Wednesdays workouts!

BAM! the lbs are dropping. Amazing what a myfitnesspal reminder will do (if you actually use the darn thing). If you're eating too much - you know it - immediately.

I've logged EVERY meal, snack, drink (which has been just water, tea and coffee since 12/31) and every single cardio & strength exercise and the downward trend in just a week is promising.

I must now tell myself over n over - stay the course - no yo-yo stupidity - stay the course.

• Like 1

Just checkin in, how's everyone Makin out on their workouts? I'm down two pounds this week, and ran about 20 miles collectively last week. Just gotta clean up the diet, however with a pregnant wife, it's difficult!

We're almost 3 weeks into 2017 and I've been killing the workouts - and some of the workouts have dang near killed me. Great cardio day today. Best of 2017 so far - I wish everyday felt like today.

However...

A guy (me) doesn't really realize how the extra dead weight of fat impacts you (even a little too much) until you do make plans for a reality test. You have to make a plan with yourself and fumble through 100 burpees.

So late last week I executed the plan. Warmup with 3 minutes of jump rope, 50 situps, 50 pushups. And then - begin...

I felt like a 25yr old commando for about 10 maybe 15 - then reality set in - by the time I hit 50 I was drowning in reality and doing it by sets of ten. Onward!! (slowly) 60... 70... 75... (the Great Wall of Pathetic has been reached when you start going by five's) and then finally 98... 98 and a half... 98 and three quarters... 99... 100... Bam - finished. I wasn't worried about the time as much as I just wanted to complete it. Mission accomplished. I will repeat the test in 4 or 5 weeks.

Keeping in mind that I just did this at ~1200 feet of elevation - not the 3500 to 6000 zone that I like hunting in - there was huge room for improvement. I also reminded myself that 2-3 years ago this test would have been a 25 burpee event (maybe).

2017 is off to a great start. Room to improve? yep. Willing to do it? yep. Already made improvements? yep.

• Like 1

Only lost a pound in the last several days. But I started lifting again and my clothes fit better.

So - I'll put that in the win column.

• Like 1

Spoke too soon - down another .80lb this morning and improved yesterday's great cardio day by 8% - improvement motivates like nothing else.

OK, I haven't been part of this but I'm jumping in. I was in awesome shape 3 years ago but have let myself slide. Not liking what I see in the mirror, so I'm back at it. Lost 9 pounds since January 1st. Working out 4 to 5 days a week cardio or weights or both. Most days I'm working 12-hour shifts at the hospital, I at least try to get in some walking lunges, wall sits or ab vacuums.

In a biggest loser competition with 8 others at work. So far in a close 3rd place, so need to up my game.

Healy, I like the 100 burpee challenge. Might have to do that.

• Like 1

Looking forward to Monday - good week of physical activity. Tracking calories on myfitnesspal is easy once you get a few foods programmed in. That little app makes it very easy to say no if your calories are getting close to the daily limit.

I did another 100 burpee challenge. It sucked - again - but it was easier this time.

Headed to the gym. progress...

• Like 1