MULEPACKHUNTER

Monday Check in

Ive been at it pretty hard lately. My Wyoming hunts are now less than 2 months away. Ive been working on cardio on the stair machine pictured and a treadmill. Workouts have been fairy consistently as follows:

Monday: 45 pounds on my Outdoorsmans Atlas Trainer doing 20 minutes on the stair machine pictured followed by 20 minutes on a treadmill set on an incline. Follow this up with chest and triceps workout.

Tuesday: swim laps freestyle, currently at 2,600 yards

Wednesday: repeat Mondays cardio followed by biceps and back workout

Thursday: 2,600 yards swimming

Friday: repeat Mondays cardio followed by full leg workout

Saturday and Sunday: swimming if I am up to it, otherwise rest days.

Before my hunts, Id like to get my cardio days up to 30 minutes on the stair machine followed by 30 minutes on an incline treadmill with 70 lbs on the Atlas Trainer. Id like to get my swimming up to 3,600 yards.

I have been watching what I eat as well. I am not seeing a lot of weight loss, likely due to muscle gain, but I am definitely feeling stronger and slimming up. Started in mid June at 225 lbs, down to 208 lbs.

post-13685-0-11683200-1533218593_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

Pro fitness tip: download McDonalds app and you can get sandwiches for dollar, I been getting a quarter pounder with cheese every night. Double quarter pounder is not part of the deal unfortunately.

• Like 1

https://leangains.com/leangains-site-guide/

nobody will read this but if youre serious about lifting and looking better this tells you everything

Truth. Some good stuff in there. Would take you a day to read all the links. Fukoffitis is the plague at mountianside

at least theres probably hot chicks there

Meh. I'm old I don't want to be one of those 40yo creepy dudes that talks about all the young.... Tight.... Perky.... Fit.... Women that work out there. So yeah there may be one or two there but I wouldn't know anything about that...

Been dealing with a sciatic issue, so exercise has been slow this summer.

Got the issue figured out and completed my second run of the summer.

• Like 1

https://leangains.com/leangains-site-guide/

nobody will read this but if youre serious about lifting and looking better this tells you everything

Truth. Some good stuff in there. Would take you a day to read all the links. Fukoffitis is the plague at mountianside

at least theres probably hot chicks there

Meh. I'm old I don't want to be one of those 40yo creepy dudes that talks about all the young.... Tight.... Perky.... Fit.... Women that work out there. So yeah there may be one or two there but I wouldn't know anything about that...

theres the hottest chicks at la fitness. pretty much just stare like a creep until they start avoiding me

• Like 2

I start laying off the upper body weights a month or so prior to bow season.  Wanting the neurological memory ("muscle memory) to works its magic effectively, so something like a bench press session once a week, pullups, some curls, etc...  However, I do more kettlebell swings and light squats, calf raises and core exercise for the mtn hunts, along with slow cardio, some hikes. 

Brought the poundage down on my favorite bow from 53 pounds at 25" to 46 pounds at 25".  So much easier on the shoulder.  Shooting stickbow, and many of us wack our rotator cuffs.  Noticing the smallest hints of an injury is something I try to pay attention to as I move through the calendars.  Chiropractor visits, stretching, and generally chilling out, just to be more aware.  If an opportunity arises, be chill, make the shot, that is focus.

Dang I figured it out, just stop smoking the good stuff, down 20Lb in a month, and got lots of money to by gear. Oh ya

On 9/4/2018 at 10:33 PM, wildwoody said:

Dang I figured it out, just stop smoking the good stuff, down 20Lb in a month, and got lots of money to by gear. Oh ya

would rather be fat with poverty gear

• Like 1