border hunter

Who is going to be where on the 22nd?

Either the Eagletails or Bighorn Wilderness areas, combined lion, deer hunt. I'll be the one with the pack horse covered with assorted armaments, bow, shotgun, .243, mace....

42 open for the early season edge?

• Like 1

I am going to be an "Urban Trophy Hunter" in 3b for the first week, gas is expensive. But the following weekend headed to 27 for a four day backpack hunt.

Can't wait to see pics from your backpack trip!

You can count on it! If I survive, I have already completed negotiations with my wife for my next backpack hunt in January. I will be entering the Babaquiveries south of Santa Margarita and getting picked up at our property just east of the Coyote Wilderness 25-30 miles away. I figure if a few guys with a couple of milk jugs of water can do it so can I. The guys with the milk jugs always talk about the big deer they see.

Huntntat2

You're right, no early bow, not that I would have seen a buck but tough to explain to a warden why you're too cheap to get fitted for glasses.

Guess I'll wait for my hunting partner for an invite. He's probably afraid I can't keep up and will want a piggy back ride..

You can count on it! If I survive, I have already completed negotiations with my wife for my next backpack hunt in January. I will be entering the Babaquiveries south of Santa Margarita and getting picked up at our property just east of the Coyote Wilderness 25-30 miles away. I figure if a few guys with a couple of milk jugs of water can do it so can I. The guys with the milk jugs always talk about the big deer they see.

PM sent.

• Like 1

Minot ,North Dakota in the oil field. I think You Guys will have more fun. Wish I was in 21............BOB!

I second this with Bob. I'll be in the Permian Basin, West Texas wish I was in 32.

friday night lights?
  • Like 1

I'll be in 4A. Just went out this evening and did one final group before I head out on Thursday.

20 yards with gusty, monsoon winds in the backyard for good measure. 6 arrows....buried 2! I think I'm ready!! :)

post-8895-0-43392000-1408500800_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Minot ,North Dakota in the oil field. I think You Guys will have more fun. Wish I was in 21............BOB!

I second this with Bob. I'll be in the Permian Basin, West Texas wish I was in 32.

friday night lights?

Going to a game at Permian High school is like going to a game at UT, just on a smaller scale.

I'll be "out there" and definitely not "here"...at least for half the day. Southern unit looking for coues. :D

I will be sitting next to him with either my bow "shooting Capt. of the hit squad" or my video cam filming Brad shooting his first Coues!! :D