Sign in to follow this  
DILL

My 2014 antelope

Here is my 2014 archery antelope. After 3 months of scouting my hunt is over in just 2 days!!! To keep it short i had it in my mind that I was strictly going to be spot and stocking these antelope no sitting water not enough things to keep mind under control haha. On the second afternoon after to failed atempts from oping morning failed as in didn't get a shot from 35 to 65 yards they were moving and didn't want to take a shot like that. Day 2 started with us getting set up and missing their feeding pattern by about 100 yards not wanting to push them we backed out and had luch that evening we relocated the herd and making a plan to get into there evening feeding pattern and this time we nailed it!!! As we set up this buck thought those two bushes over there are a bit funny looking and stared right at us for about 20 mins head on as he turned to continue feeding my brother in law tried fraticly to get a range on him after about the 15th time head whispers 66 yards I drew back released and not knowing he was trying to get another range to confirm he watched my arrow sink hit it's mark we watched as he went just 30 yards and expired. I could be happier with this guys thanks for reading.

post-1-0-91101600-1408982189.jpg

post-1-0-81848400-1408982190.jpg

• Like 11

You must have been in the southern part of the unit. The photos are usually upright from the northern portions...

Great job on the buck!

• Like 2

is that "patch" on his face that black? usually they are about 2-3 inches square.... that one looks to almost go all the way under his neck... or is it just shadows... either way nice job.

Congratulations! Nice pics and story.

Congrats man that is a beautiful pronghorn! !!!!! That is one of the best looking capes I have seen. I love that huge jaw patch!!!!!!!