Sign in to follow this  
bowhnt

SAW SOMETHING SPECIAL!

first let me apologize for the fuzzy pics. windy this day & I couldn't keep tripod steady. thought I would share anyway. while scouting for elk last weekend I saw this albino cow elk & her calf. I have seen albino deer & turkey before but this was my first elk!

post-8755-0-39129100-1409194843_thumb.jpeg

post-8755-0-66053700-1409194877_thumb.jpeg

• Like 6

Right on! I have some pics of one hanging around Nutrioso a few years back , heard she had been taken by a archer that season . Very cool to know there's another one around .

That is really cool! A few years ago I posted pictures of a white deer. Some of the members who know a bit about biology said it wasn't an albino, but rather a deer with leucism. Not sure if this is the same with this elk, maybe someone knowledgeable can weigh in on the subject. Amanda?

Thanks for posting the great pictures.

definitely special! I've only ever seen albino javelinas, no deer or elk...yet! very cool though. did the calf look to be a little albino, i cant tell???

Rossislider was that bull in Bear World near Rexburg, ID? There was a white cow (leucism) that had a bull calf my first semester of college there. I got to watch him grow for three years. That would make him about 7 now. He was a 6 point last I saw and should be quite the specimen by now.

Rossislider was that bull in Bear World near Rexburg, ID? There was a white cow (leucism) that had a bull calf my first semester of college there. I got to watch him grow for three years. That would make him about 7 now. He was a 6 point last I saw and should be quite the specimen by now.

Yep, that is the bull I was referring to. I have a picture somewhere of him from a couple of years ago. He was pretty big back then.

Right on! I have some pics of one hanging around Nutrioso a few years back , heard she had been taken by a archer that season . Very cool to know there's another one around .

I have pics of same one I believe...and saw her once during archery cow. There was a separate thread on here with pics and report of her being killed by a hunter. Very cool to see once I realized what I was looking at.