Pelapapas actually he had his pistol in his right hand so when he stopped he actually never put his truck in park cuz he didn't want to let go of his gun so when they tried to open the door he thought for a split second to shoot then decided to just step on the gas and go there was a border patrol about 500 yards up the road so he stopped and told them what happened and they took off to the area and my buddy was so shaken up that he cut his trip short by three days and headed home to bad he lives in another state

Pelapapas actually he had his pistol in his right hand so when he stopped he actually never put his truck in park cuz he didn't want to let go of his gun so when they tried to open the door he thought for a split second to shoot then decided to just step on the gas and go there was a border patrol about 500 yards up the road so he stopped and told them what happened and they took off to the area and my buddy was so shaken up that he cut his trip short by three days and headed home to bad he lives in another state

Glad to hear he got out of the situation in a hurry and safe! It sucks that he had to go back home with a bad hunt experience from the southern units. Be safe out there!

Played tag with these guys in 2012. Nothing like the feeling of being between them and a couple of gentlemen in a Justin Beiber purple 4 door brand new Chevy.

post-4480-0-67675100-1410919767_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

idgaf,

Tell us more.

I do not know how much danger was real or imagined, but we were hunting along the border in 36b. Around 10:00 am we heard 15-20 shots and I thought who was target practicing out here. We see a couple of the standard border crossers looking a little freaked hiding out on the Mexican side of the fence. We glass several deer and keep working the ridge line that goes parallel along the border a few feet away. My brother, nephew, and I get to a valley that goes to the north. It was raining and cold with my nephew wearing a bright orange rain pancho. I see these gentlemen walking in the valley below a few hundred yards away and farther north than we were. I grab my nephew and toss his ultra orange butt on the other side of the hill we were walking I snap a few pics and watch them head north with what looks like a black bag underneath the leaders arm. When they are out of sight I call 911 wait on hold for ten minutes then call my wife and give her coordinates telling her i think we are getting invaded. She gets a hold of Homeland Security and we thought this was the end of an interesting blurb to our hunt. So my brother calls our friend who we left sick in the truck told him what happen and ask him to bring us a couple of sandwiches and the AR-15. He does and we think all the excitement was over.

We start heading back and about a quarter of a mile or so from the truck our friends face turns ghost white. I look over the saddle and see the gentlemen with the kevlar vest a couple of hundred yards away from us on the same group of hills, they doubledback. We kick are strides into high gear with the two smaller guys looking at us from just on the otherside of the fence. As we get less than a hundred yards from the truck, Justin Beiber's GMC pulls right up next my truck and two Mexicano looking gentlemen are looking at us from the driver and passenger sides. It was obvious they were not hunters. I do not have a weapon of any kind with me, our friend drops down the hill a little bit and cocks the AR, my brother slings his rifle and grabs his 40 and cocks it. My nephew who is right behind me has a nine shot 22 revolver on his hip. I slow my stride put my hands behind my back and tell him to give me the pistol and get under the only tree on the hillside when we walk by it less than thirty yards from the biebs truck. Apparently, the look on our faces, was one not to be messed with and they motored down the road a few hundred yards in a hurry all of this while the gentlemen with the HKs watched from a few hundred yards away. I posted the full set of pictures here a couple of years ago. I think the post was called "you be the judge" Border patrol find them immediately with a helicopter. We did not stay around to find out what the end results were.

Interesting. Re-posting that here.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/forums/topic/36422-you-be-the-judge/

Everyone down there has seen some crazy stuff. We found some scout camps on ridges, smuggler camps in deep "can't see from above" thick brushed canyons. Ran into a group going heading north through the canyon into wilderness while we were heading south back towards roads and camp at dark. Had a stand off, and long story short myself and the friend I was hunting with - we decided the standoff wasn't worth losing, we were probably outgunned, and we might think twice while they wouldn't, and climbed out of the very steep canyon with a nice dose of adrenaline where a fall wouldn't have been pretty. Amazing what you can do with adrenaline flowing. Last year we were hiking through the hills at night on the way back to camp and border patrol pulled into our camp and started asking questions, sounded like someone called the border patrol on us.

Last I heard all the left over tags were gone this year. Guess most folks feel warm and fuzzy about south o' the 10.

In the end ones nuts don't have to clank all that hard to be willing to hunt south. Just have to know the risks like most anything else in life.

We all have our things in which risk outweighs the reward. Aids didn't make the world celibate...

• Like 1

I have hunted 36b a half dozen times in the last 9 years... there are some parts that are worse than others and I am often close enough to the border That I make it a point to Piss over the fence line at least once a trip.... We have seen everything from your run of the mill migrants to drug mules to a group of 8 Bandidos with AK's .... We have also never had an issue with Border Patrol and carry their number in speed dial, we have made close to a half dozen calls to report drug mules and Bandidos, that were always acted on promptly. Twice we had helicopters over the given coordinates within 10 minutes, other times we have been met by agents on horseback and in vehicles. We have, one several occasions, had tactical night crews push through ore camps at night coming back later with illegals in tow. IN all the times down there we have never had an altercation with any or had anything damaged or taken from our camp... If you get out and actually hike the hills you will be surprised how many sensors and cams they have in the remote areas and how often you will come out of your hike to a road with a BP agent waiting literally right there for you. Do we take extra precautions when hunting down south, of course, but nothing will keep us from hunting down there except the years we get drawn for a our first or second choice... To those hunting down there this year, all I have to say is be vigilant and aware, stay safe and communicate with BP and put their hotline # in your speed dial and keep phone with you at all times.

p.s. the rougher the roads, access and terrain the more you will see the Bad side of what is coming across our borders... The worst elements like working areas that do not get traveled as much by BP do to the harsher terrain.... Tend to see more drones and helicopters in these areas and far fewer BP trucks leading back.

• Like 1

I love hearing from all the so called experts on the dangers of hunting down south!

"I hunt down there all the time and haven't seen anything"

"I've hunted down there my whole life and feel safe"

"I've seen some aliens, but they don't want any trouble and stay away from hunters"

Believe me there is plenty to worry about! It's not what you see, it's what you don't see...

And believe me, they are watching you, and know your every movement.

If you only knew the half of what is going on down there, you would realize that you are not in America anymore, you are in Occupied Territory.

I'm intrigued. What other kind of stuff is going on down there that we're unaware of?

You're being watched via camera towers, predator drones, and other surveillance equipment, to name one fact.