Obama issues statement - "My stance on ISIS be-headings is that I be heading for the golf coarse.

• Like 1

Got "talked to" by forest service canine unit this evening. Hunting dove south of I-10 shotgun in hand. "Put the gun down!!" Huh?? "Put the gun down sir, we need to talk" I says, "it's a nice shot gun, I'm not putting it on the ground, I'll gently lean it against the tree" they say "ok" forest service ask "watcha doin out here?" I say "dove hunting" he asks "do you have some sort of license or tag to prove it?" I chuckle and say yea. They tell me that they had a report of illegal activity in the area. Turned out to be two good guys just doing their job but any who knows me, knows I'm the furthest from looking like an immigrant!!!!

Got "talked to" by forest service canine unit this evening. Hunting dove south of I-10 shotgun in hand. "Put the gun down!!" Huh?? "Put the gun down sir, we need to talk" I says, "it's a nice shot gun, I'm not putting it on the ground, I'll gently lean it against the tree" they say "ok" forest service ask "watcha doin out here?" I say "dove hunting" he asks "do you have some sort of license or tag to prove it?" I chuckle and say yea. They tell me that they had a report of illegal activity in the area. Turned out to be two good guys just doing their job but any who knows me, knows I'm the furthest from looking like an immigrant!!!!

How far south were you.... dang far for the FS to come a knocking.

I love hearing from all the so called experts on the dangers of hunting down south!

"I hunt down there all the time and haven't seen anything"

"I've hunted down there my whole life and feel safe"

"I've seen some aliens, but they don't want any trouble and stay away from hunters"

Believe me there is plenty to worry about! It's not what you see, it's what you don't see...

And believe me, they are watching you, and know your every movement.

If you only knew the half of what is going on down there, you would realize that you are not in America anymore, you are in Occupied Territory.

• Like 2

Some of the rip crews that work south of I-10 are not immigrants, but are US Citizens.

If they come I will be waiting on the side of a hill wearing full camouflage looking at them through the scope mounted on my high powered rifle. Thanks for this post though, now I will bring a few extra rounds.

I love hearing from all the so called experts on the dangers of hunting down south!

"I hunt down there all the time and haven't seen anything"

"I've hunted down there my whole life and feel safe"

"I've seen some aliens, but they don't want any trouble and stay away from hunters"

Believe me there is plenty to worry about! It's not what you see, it's what you don't see...

And believe me, they are watching you, and know your every movement.

If you only knew the half of what is going on down there, you would realize that you are not in America anymore, you are in Occupied Territory.

I'm intrigued. What other kind of stuff is going on down there that we're unaware of?

Forest Service is a part of the Department of Agriculture. Although along the border they work closely with DHS. They have Law Enforcement Officers all over the state.

• Like 1

I've pushed cattle thru there, Dan. Lot of nice bucks in there. A friend of mine lives in those ranchettes on the south side of the 10, his wife feeds the deer.

But then, I've seen plenty of deer in your neighborhood, too .

Forest Service is a part of the Department of Agriculture. Although along the border they work closely with DHS. They have Law Enforcement Officers all over the state.

I thought I saw on their license plate DHS, I'm probably wrong though, I'll look again tonight lol

Post a fireguard at night, carry extra ammo and a drop weapon along with a CCW during the day and hunt on. I will not be hunting down there this year due to other reasons but have been hunting down there for a long, long time and will continue. FWIW.. We have had issues down there in the past both in the hills and in camp.

Two years ago, I was hunting in 34A when a Border Patrol came in the area. We saw each other and waved. He came over to me. I open the bolt and cleared the chamber on my rifle, and removed the mag and cleared the chamber on my sidearm before he got close, but in view of him. We had a nice talk and I told him of some activity I had seen, and he left. All in all a pleasent 15 minute interuption to my evening hunt. I have lived in southern Arizona all my 64 years and I'll hunt wherever I get drawn. No SOB from any other country is going to change that.

• Like 3

I really admire all of the brave Americans(hunters) on this site who are NOT afraid to fight for their right to enjoy the outdoors here in the United States. It takes a lot of guts to take on a armed rip crew in the mountains of southern Arizona, especially when most of them will have prior military training (trained by American Special Forces) and will have you out gunned. It is honorable that you are willing to do what most Americans won't do, which is go into an area that the rip crews know like the back of their hand, where the rip crews have the high ground, with scouts watching your every movement and take them on on their turf. And talk about courage, it amazes me that you would go up against a armed rip crew with just your trusty .300 Mag and your Glock 9mm, all while the rip crew is armed with fully automatic AK-47s with 30 round Mags and tactical vests with additional mags.

This is the kind or bravery, courage, and honor that many of the young men who join the military and fight to protect our rights have. It is most admirable, and I am thankful for their sacrifices every day.

Just remember these young men in the military work with a unit or team of others to take on bad guys. They always try to go into a fight with superiority of force, and never take a knife to a gun fight.

• Like 1

Your an agent down south I'm guessing? Why would us military trained rip crew guys be using ak's, I'd assume they'd use a more accurate semi auto weapon? (Don't wanna get into the ak vs. ar argument) and why do you have to sound like such a smart as$? No ones saying that the danger isn't there, that Islam isn't crossing, that cartels aren't crossing, we're just saying that we'll take our chances, and if push comes to shove maybe one or two of them will get picked off before they get us.

• Like 3