Maverick351

Pinal mountain this weekend

Thanks Amanda for posting the legalities of baiting. Thanks for the reminder on baiting maverick... There's nothing wrong with expressing a concern either. Don't let the naysayers drag you down.

I do also hope that you would have reported it to g and f as well as I also feel it our responsibility to do so...

• Like 1

I did report it. I saw the label on the container and recognized what it was. Just one container and yes did see plenty of deer and even drew back on one but after he moved I didn't want to take an unethical shot through braches.

Good reminder. Arent we supposed to be the monitors? Showed one didn't even know the rules, and the usual folks muddied the water.

I only hope to catch a cheater and have a pic to share!

• Like 2

When baiting for deer was legal i had pics of deer in my trail cameras every now and then. When opening day came no deer to be found. So what i'm trying to say is i never shot a deer over bait when it was legal. I don't think baiting deer when legal would guarantee you to tag out. Now that it's illegal to bait i had actually seen more deer but hadn't been able to put it all together.

Oh, who wouldn't want to catch a hunter cheating? It happens, we could start a thread on it. But it takes an overt act for there to be a crime, not assumptions and "muddy waters."

Like the one fellow pointed out, you see people road hunting, now, prove it.

The guy had a bow and a jug of deer cocaine.... Here in Arizona,that is not 'muddy water'. Not saying he's a bad guy,just that he wasn't being ethical,and us responsible hunters have a duty to not turn a blind eye,in my humble opinion.

• Like 2

A covert act would be to put the bait out and hunt over it, understand?

I did report it. I saw the label on the container and recognized what it was. Just one container and yes did see plenty of deer and even drew back on one but after he moved I didn't want to take an unethical shot through braches.

Please let us know what happens and give us updates on game and fish's investigation.

• Like 1

A covert act would be to put the bait out and hunt over it, understand?

I don't think he was going to put it out then not hunt over it...or that he just was using it for companionship for the day...or that he wanted to haul an extra 8 pounds around for the day. Common sense says he was in the wrong,you know it,I know it,he knows it.its obvious,I don't care about proving it in a court of law (even tho its already beyond a reasonable doubt what he was doing),fact is he was doing all coues hunters wrong with his actions that day,and its bad for all of us.

• Like 4

people report suspicious behavior all the time.

if a person is sneaking around the neighborhood with... lets say a pair of bolt cutters. I didn't see him take anything, just don't look right

is it not my responsibility to report it?

James

Seems there are some "hurt feelings" for the reporting of illegal activity, makes you wonder why some one would be so deffensive and on EDGE? Lol come on

• Like 4

Haha no hurt feelings here, why would you say that?

Want to report something suspicious go right ahead, that's what hotlines are for.

Interesting and fun how Maverick's story morphed and morphed.

If you see me bear hunting with a doughnut in my mouth, please talk to me first before alerting the authorities, LOL

And by the way, the Mav said the offender was a CWT member. Lets have a chat with that mysterious man, he's got some explaining to do. Wonder if Maverick said something to the bad boy? I'm sure we'll find out, stay tuned.

• Like 2

snitches get stitches.

Lol thug life!!!! (As I am popping off rounds into the air)

• Like 1

LMAO, BOTN (beer out the nose)

• Like 2