Sign in to follow this  
Tunachaser

Complete Blessing: Spot and Stalk Archery Antelope

Game and Fish was studying Antelope migrations and in 2011, they tagged and collared like 20 goats in my unit. My buddy was on a late Rifle Elk hunt and took a picture of one with an ear tag. He sent it to me after I shot Hook and we confirmed a match!!! So So crazy. post-11719-0-73877400-1409775747_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Yes, I am the guy you scouted sheep with when you were 6! Man I feel old!!!!!! Your Grandfather taught me as much about hunting as any man alive. He is another blessing in your life!!!! Be sure to tell him often.

Whitey

• Like 1

Thanks everyone! I'm not sue if you noticed but the last picture I posted in the original post is my brother and I (in front of the big junipers) and my buck(up in the open grass) in the same field of view for my dad who was on the hill. This was about 5 minutes before I took my risky move across the open. The craziest part which I forgot to tell about was that after I took after "Hook", the smaller buck got nervous and started following me! I didnt know but I guess he followed right behind me, well within bow range all the way until I shot. It's crazy that he didnt spook my buck. Another gift!!!!!! And while all this is going on, my dad and brother got confused in the dimming light and thought I was mixed up, chasing the smaller buck while "Hook" chased me. Well that obviously wasn't the case and they were stoked when they found out that I had actually arrowed the buck we were after.

• Like 1

Very nice! Congratulations! Enjoyed the story and the pics!