standman

I Blew It!

Well this morning I had my chance at the buck I've been waiting for, the buck of my lifetime. 25 yards broadside, got drawn undetected, picked my spot on his heart, released and the buck came unglued at the shot and ducked. Clipped the hairs on top of his back. I am so sick I could jump off a tall building. Don't think I'll ever get over it. I know misses happen but not this time, not this buck!

I'm now sitting on a hillside eating lunch wondering if I'll ever get that chance again.

Brian

Oh man, that's terrible!! It takes so much for it all to come together for that opportunity! But don't give up! You just never know....sometimes the best moments in hunting come right after the worst! Go for it!

• Like 2

Hang in there man!

I feel your pain Brian. Seems like you did everything right. I usually blow it way before the shot. There's still time left. Let's hope he gives you another shot at him. Now you know what to expect from him the next time. :)

TJ

I feel your pain Brian. Seems like you did everything right. I usually blow it way before the shot. There's still time left. Let's hope he gives you another shot at him. Now you know what to expect from him the next time. :)

TJ

Flip side is that buck also knows to check the trees now. Are you hunting over salt or water? If you know where that buck will be standing scoot on back to 40 yards. Every deer I've ever shot at under 30 yards has jumped, but at 40+ they just stand there and watch that arrow come.

Dang buck jumped the string, I think coues bucks give each other clinics in performing this feat.

TJ

Flip side is that buck also knows to check the trees now. Are you hunting over salt or water? If you know where that buck will be standing scoot on back to 40 yards. Every deer I've ever shot at under 30 yards has jumped, but at 40+ they just stand there and watch that arrow come.

I've killed a mess of them under 20 that never flinched, first one to do it to me. Have had mule deer and elk (surprisingly) do it Seen them jump the string for others. I'm about over it. Wouldn't change anything that I did. Would take the same shot again. Sometimes it's just not meant to be. Short memory, on to the next one. Back at it tomorrow.

Brian

• Like 3

Good luck tomorrow Brian. Do to work this is my first missed archery season since the early 70's. :(

TJ