Sign in to follow this  
firstcoueswas80

we lost a good one today.

Sorry to hear of such a tough loss, good luck on this hunt of yours this weekend. You'll have a lot of spirit with you I'm sure!

Sorry to hear it Casey. Great tribute and go get that monster bull on your hunt. More importantly have fun and enjoy every minute of it.

Sorry for your loss Casey. We buried my last living grandparent this weekend, so I'm right there with you. Make the most of your elk hunt in his memory...

Sorry for Your loss. I still have menories of My Grandpa's from the 60's. They will hang with You forever................BOB!

Nice of you to honor your Grandpa by saying a few words about him here. Sorry for your loss! May the Lord comfort you in your time of grief.

Sorry for your Loss. Take comfort in the memories and the knowledge that he is a better place. You know he will be watching over you on your hunt. I hope he guides you into a Monster bull. Enjoy that Wild Turkey!

Mocha, I killed a bull on the 14th, posted the story.

Thank you everyone, he is missed.

I was wrong, it wasn't wild turkey, it was Yukon Jack so if anyone wants to pay tribute, that's the best way.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear that, my condolences. My grandfather (my namesake) died when I was just 9 but I spent a lot of time with him and idolized him.

He passed while painting my god parents house very unexpectedly. My uncle went inside to get him some lemonade and came out to find him lying in the grass. My Mom wouldn't let me go to the funeral, thought it would be too traumatic so I stayed home to watch my younger brothers and sisters.

53 years later I'm still pissed.

Again, congratulations on your awesome elk and hunt. I feel for you about your Grandfather. I loved and idolized my Grandfather. I was too young to hunt with him and by the time I was old enough, he had health issues and passed when I was 19. I got to go with him and my Dad and Uncle deer hunting in unit 29, and have vague but fond memories of that. They're all gone now, and I still prefer going and hunting in 29 every chance I get.

Don't mean to be making it about me, just saying savor the time you had with him and cherish those memories.

Best regards, Tommy

Very touching and loving tribute to your Papa. I'm sure he will be with you on all your hunts.