Sign in to follow this  
firstcoueswas80

we lost a good one today.

Today at 0754, I fear of mine came true. Living with out my Papa, losing my last grandpa.

Papa (Buck Robinson) was truly one of the best human beings you could ever meet. He raised 4 kids with my grandmother, and he worked so hard when they were young that he almost always had two jobs.

Eventually the dice rolled their way and they were able to buy a cabin in Pinetop that is with out a doubt my favorite place on earth.

This came as a shock to us, we all knew he was getting old (85), but it was a shock none the less, very sudden. Luckily we all got to say goodbye before he passed.

There will never be another one like him, and I thank God I got to spend so much time with him and that he got to interact with my kids.

Papa, you touched my life in so many ways, I love you more than you could ever know. My unit 9 hunt will be in your memory, and I'll make sure to have a bump of Wild Turkey in your honor. I love you and miss you already Papa.

Snuffy

• Like 14

I'm sorry for your loss. Its hard lose a family member whom you loved so much. It's never easy and it never will be. I hope you kill a monster bull for your grandfather.

Casey,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings. The memories will always be there.

I was lucky enough to have my grandfather into his 90's and when he passed , I got his model 14 Remington that he purchased new in 1916 . I take 'Grandpa' for a walk every hunting season and it brings back all of the times we shared.

I feel blessed that I had a man in my life who left a lasting impact.

• Like 1

So very sorry for your loss. It's awesome though that you and your family had lots of good times with him to remember.

Sorry for your loss Casey, but thankful you have such wonderful memories. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Guest wdenike

Young man, Very sorry for your loss. The men and women from your Pa Pa's era are true heroes. Hopefully there will be enough young men and women to carry the torch for them. By continuing the lifestyle that made you and all of us love and respect them so much. Hopefully you are comforted knowing how special they all are.

Take care, Willie

Yes sorry for your loss, Very tough thing to go threw. hang on and cherish those memories.

Hope you have an awesome hunt and kill a todd in his memory

I lost 3 grandparents in the span of 4 months 4 years ago. All lived long, healthy lives full of good family and memories. 92, 94, 97 years old. And one set had just celebrated their 75th wedding anniversary.

Remember the good times, and great stories and wisdom they imparted on you, and they will live on through your actions and retelling of their stories to future generations. Too many important memories and life lessons are lost by not passing them on.