hoghntr

*** no tag soup this year

How far was the shot, and what did you get her with?

She was bedded @ 55yds problem was 3 others cows looking at me so couldnt really pull wife in front to shoot. after shot other big cow was walking toward wife but the cow didnt want leave then suddenly jumped and ran a bit. I had heard a ranger on rd below stop and turns out 3 other guys were also closing in on same elk and 1 shot at the 1 walking toward my wife and he missed. The 3 guys proceeded to shoot 8 more arrows1 of which was over wife and my head while we were praying beside my down elk. they proceeded to call the young cow/6months back half dz times and shoot and miss.

Very unique experience and hope I dont deal with those guys again.

55yards with crossbow while she was in her bed. they were only 100yards off a rd but considering my body is jacked up and you can not drive off rd for big game recovery in 11m a member that offered help on here was nice enough to come save me few walks up the hill and back thx Brian aka iaborn

• Like 2

What the I would have yelled at them letting them know I was there. Frigging jack holes

Hey buddy! Great to finally meet you and Heather in person. No need to thank me. It truly was my pleasure to help you get that cow out of there! Besides, its the least I can do for your service to provide me and my family with the liberties we enjoy! Next weekend is going to be crazy with my daughter's soccer tournament, but I should be able to get away at some point WHEN Heather fills her tag!

• Like 1

Great looking cow! Congrats!

Quick question, you said you used a crossbow, which one did you use and do you like it? What brands and models would you recommend? My dad has come to the point of his shoulders being completely shot and drawing his regular bow had become extremely difficult. Even with the legal poundage being dropped to 30 lbs. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Brian

Quick question, you said you used a crossbow, which one did you use and do you like it? What brands and models would you recommend? My dad has come to the point of his shoulders being completely shot and drawing his regular bow had become extremely difficult. Even with the legal poundage being dropped to 30 lbs. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Brian

First off it requires permit form game & fish.. my crossbow is older model, a parker cyclone and the main feature I love is the adjustable stock like magpul or whatever ar-15 style. standing I extend and in blind I shorten up a bit. EVERY ANIMAL I HAVE AIMED IT AT HAS COME HOME WITH ME TO LIVE IN MY FREEZER. ;)

Many gr8 bows out there but I would suggest not getting compound so you can put new string on in field if need be and replace string period! not many shops in az can work on todays x-bows

Brian

First off it requires permit form game & fish.. my crossbow is older model, a parker cyclone and the main feature I love is the adjustable stock like magpul or whatever ar-15 style. standing I extend and in blind I shorten up a bit. EVERY ANIMAL I HAVE AIMED IT AT HAS COME HOME WITH ME TO LIVE IN MY FREEZER. ;)

Many gr8 bows out there but I would suggest not getting compound so you can put new string on in field if need be and replace string period! not many shops in az can work on todays x-bows

Thanks.

Yeah he is looking at getting the paper work from azgfd and his next annual Dr appointment having them check it out.

Brian

Brian

Thanks.

Guy just posted in classifieds what your dad needs

Yeah he is looking at getting the paper work from azgfd and his next annual Dr appointment having them check it out.

Brian