Sign in to follow this  
jeremiah lindsey

bear hunting dangerous?

Au contrare. I'm the happiest guy I know. Get up happy, happy all day, go to bed happy. Happy, happy, happy. I'm rich, good lookin', tall, tougher than the back wall of a shootin' gallery. Good lookin' wife, sharp kids, buncha grandkids, lotsa friends. Live in paradise. I just don't let folks talk $h!t about me. Oh yeah, I forgot, I'm a genious too. And humble, real humble. And very thankful. Lark.

• Like 2

Guest 300ultramag.

lark you were missed very much-

if i came accrossed a bear id rather have lark w/ me than the one who respects bears and there abilities and has an opinion.

I respect the fact that im faster than most! not like you jelly donuts in danner boots :) ha h a hah a

Guest wdenike

Wouldn't know the man if I tripped over him. But he sounds like he will surely tell ya where the bear chits in the buckwheat! A little hard to digest for those wanting to learn. But at the same time think they already know it all. :o :o

Take care, Willie

I've never heard a group of hunters have such low regard for respecting the animals we hunt.it is really unbelievable to me that I'm getting bashed on for it! If we have different opinions,so be it,but having respect for nature is something all hunters should have in common! Having respect isnt a 'superior opinion', but ir is mt opinion.more then that its what i believe in and how i live.how you live is none of my concern.

Lark I didn't mean to talk crap about you,you say you're calling me on bs,well I returned the favor,we could at least be big boys about it. I got sucked in to talkin crap when you told me to shut up,I'll man up and take responsibility for my part.my side of the street is now clean,do what you will with yours.

• Like 1

Treehuggers are more dangerous than bears. And even if one does bite on ya some, it don't hurt that bad and youll have some cool scars to show off. Really. Besides, you have a gun. The bear don't. Lark.

And chics dig scars. Win/win situation.

What the he l l does respect have to do with it? I aint scared o bears so i don't respect em? How do you figure that? Because you have so much respect for bears it's ok to say that all the folks that ain't scared are just bein' "macho". Like their experience and opinion doesn't matter. But now, just cuz you say so, nobody respects any animal? You shoulda added "I'm really cereal". Why is your opinion the only one that matters? Last time I remember a fatality from a bear was the poor older gal that got mauled by a dumpster diver in pinetop. Another welfare bear. I don't recall anything since then. Dang sure no deaths. Folks creek fishing get their trucks broke into a lot by welfare bears. But not by wild ones. A couple years ago we had 3 hunter on hunter fatalities. 2 on the Rez within a few days of each other. I haft agree that humans are dangerouser than bears. So jeremiah, in my opinion, which I have formed over 5 decades of being close to bears and observing and hunting them, I feel that it is perfectly safe to hunt them. Don't worry too much about it. Just dont put your grub in the tent with ya and be careful if ya gut shoot one. I'm really cereal. Lark.

Guest wdenike

Dang!!!!! If everything ain't cumbiya!! And I was just getting ready to concede on the respect thing. After all we respect our pocket knives. :o :o :o :o :o :o

Take care, Willie

Jeremiah,I'm not trying to dissuade you from hunting bear at all.bears are not out there trying to get you.all I'm saying is that there are situations,however unlikely,that can occur where it can be dangerous,for example a wounded bear,a sow with cubs,surprising one,or a bear that has lost its fear of humans.I've experienced all the above and it can be a little hairy.it would be wise to realize that these things can happen,and just keep in mind how you'd react to them.then go hunt and don't worry about it.it doesn't take 50 years of experience to know these basics about bears.

As a teenager a black bear came into camp. I followed him a ways about 50 yards the whole time. He was just to busy dragging his feet looking for food!

I haven't heard of any bears attacking people when they were out hunting and I've been here since 77. All of the bears I've seen were headed for Dodge when they got wind of me. The attacks I can remember were when a bear came into a campground and into someones tent except for a buddy who rolled out his sleeping bag one night in 23 and a bear came in and grabbed him by the head to drag him off.

I had a big old fatty charge my truck as I came down off the Rez into Eagle Creek this spring but it spun around and jiggled off in the direction it came from.

Those Black River bruins don't get hunted enough in my opinion.