CouesWhitetail

Arizona Deer Association Banquet

If I win those it will be burned and the ashes will be mailed right back to lark :D

I was thinking I might win a nice rifle for my dads elk hunt :P

Good Lord! It's posts like that which make me truly sorry that I'm going to be out of town during this year's banquet! Sounds like it's going to be a fun crowd, and I'm always up for some fun! :lol:

Best regards on your bidding folks! Remember, bid early & often!!! It's for a good cause.... ;)

S.

PS: I'm with you Christian! :blink:

I'll see all you coues junkies tomorrow night. I will bring that 130'' buck if you guys would like to take a look.

What kind of question is that? Of course we want to see a 130 inch buck :P

Amanda just wanted to thank you again for putting the tables together it was nice being able to talk with some real fanatics.

Thanks everyone for bringing in the antlers and racks!!! Wish I would have known and I wold have brought in some of my sheds.

Also it was great to meet everybody even though they cursed our table :blink:

You are very welcome Christian! Thanks to everyone who came, it was a fun evening! We had two tables and one table seemed to not have any luck winning and the other table won a couple guns and maybe some more stuff I didn't see.

It sure was great meeting some new people and also getting to know others of you a little better. I had a great time and loved seeing some of the bucks brought in! Desertsheep brought a 130 buck one his clients got in Mexico and it was awesome! That buck was extremely massive and the weight felt really heavy when you held it. Just a monster of a buck. here is a pic:

post-1-1176089210.jpg

Another buck that I absolutely loved was brought in by Jeremy Ulmer. He got this buck with his bow and it's a 125 inch monster with 5 inch bases and a 16 inch inside spread! He took the buck in Dec 2006 from a treestand after waiting for just the right shot while the buck was near him for 30 mins! Can you imagine the adrenaline??? wow....

Jeremy is holding that buck on the right in this photo. You can't imagine just how heavy this rack is. It actually weighs more than that 130 buck Jason brought in.

post-1-1176089258.jpg

And jeremy brought in some sheds he has found (not from the archery buck he took). Oh my!!! these things are amazing! (these were previously posted in the forum in the "Who needs Mexico" thread). Jeremy found these in 2005.

These sheds would be from roughly a 128 inch buck if you gave him a 12 inch spread!

post-1-1176089678.jpg

and here is a droptine shed which if you doubled it would be about a 115 inch buck. Jeremy found this one in 2006.

post-1-1176089791_thumb.jpg

Thanks to Jeremy and Jason for bringing in those bucks! I was drooling!

And thanks to Peloncillo for bringing in his awesome bucks also (but I have posted those pics previously). And also my friend Beth brought her 119 buck in from mexico.

Amanda

And here are a few pics from around the banquet hall.....

A few big bucks in the ADA trophy display that was there:

post-1-1176090090.jpg

post-1-1176090114.jpg

post-1-1176090142.jpg

post-1-1176090142.jpg

post-1-1176090179.jpg

And here is the original pastel donated by Mike Fabritz (aka Rembrant). THANKS Mike! I forgot what it sold for but it was somewhere around $1800 (correct me if I am wrong Mike). It's a gorgeous pastel drawing. Just beautiful and framed in an original frame inlayed with prickly pear cactus skeleton. Great work Mike!

post-1-1176090376.jpg

Some other scenes around the banquet:

post-1-1176090443.jpg

post-1-1176090460.jpg

post-1-1176090502.jpg

It was a great evening and we had about 525 people there and raised a lot of money for wildlife projects. I think the special commissioner's Coues tag sold for about $24,000! (someone correct me if I am remembering wrong. I was running around all night so I didn't keep close track of a lot of things!)

Amanda

post-1-1176090162.jpg

Thanks for posting the pics for all us poor saps that couldn't make it.

Is it just me or is anybody else baffled that the 245 inch non typical muley skull went for $22,000!!!!

I still cant believe that.

Is it just me or is anybody else baffled that the 245 inch non typical muley skull went for $22,000!!!!

I still cant believe that.

I thought it was $23,000.00...... and yes I agree. :blink:

I couldnt believe how much that rack went for either. On the pictures Amanda posted above, the deer print with the wine bottles by it looks alot like the rack. What do you think, did the artist render this deer with the rack we are talking about?.............great banquet Amanda, thanks............Allen............

I don't know if it is the same buck or not. I didn't see either very well. I believe the artist is Jay Cox. maybe someone here knows him and can ask if it's the same buck or not?

Amanda

Just a shout out to all the cw.com members in attendance and a BIG THANK YOU for all your support and coming to the event. I recognized alot of CW.com members from the great pics you guys post here. I wish I had time to meet and talk to everyone. It was great to see and talk to Allen his wife & Dwayne Adams and I briefly met and shook hands with younghunter and a couple others to name a few.

Allen, I'm pretty sure the buck in the Jay Cox print and the rack we auctioned are not the same. The buck we auctioned for G & F was killed in 05' in 12-B, I believe. Alot of the Cox prints are somewhat older and many of them were done in the 90's. I think it's just a coincidence that they look similar. I too agree the amount it sold for was pretty insane. All it takes is more than one bidder that wants it and you see the results. The guy the rack was confiscated from wanted it back understandably, as well as a couple other bidders. Hopefully the G&F will put that $$$ to good use, as it all goes back to their law enforcement program.

Anyways, thanks guys & gals for supporting the event, we really appreciate it.

Kevin

The guy the rack was confiscated from wanted it back understandably, as well as a couple other bidders.

Are you saying that the poacher was allowed to bid on it?