TOBY

Giant Non-typical Desert Buck?

Guess I'm trying to say once that picture has been passed through hundreds of different people and sites and emails and texts asking/having permission to show it here is kinda pointless. I don't feel that there is anything legally/ethically wrong with it. Any rights to the original picture are long gone. But to keep you guys from hanging me I'll resist my temptation to post it.

• Like 2

Just curious what the big deal of posting the picture is? He posted it on FB for all to see. Koury somehow felt it was his place to post it on his site with a faint watermark of his company that had nothing to do with it claiming he wants to protect it when it's not his to protect

Have some respect bro, it was his sons friends dads brothers friends deer. He obviously has the right to promote his operation with those watermarked pics.

• Like 1

Holy crap!!!! Absolute bruiser!

Wow, that's an amazing buck. Is this real life?

Just curious what the big deal of posting the picture is? He posted it on FB for all to see. Koury somehow felt it was his place to post it on his site with a faint watermark of his company that had nothing to do with it claiming he wants to protect it when it's not his to protect. and it's being text all over the universe. So . . Why do we care if it's posted on coues

This is what's gone wrong in the guiding bis today. There are so many guides out there grabbing their wifes sisters brothers buck from a long lost cousin who knew uncle larry's uncle who used to drink beer every once in awhile with cousin bob. It's not right and shouldn't be done. Post it if you guided for it , don't post it if you didn't, pretty simple and used to be the norm but not anymore. Nothing personal against shane here, just the new normal of outfitters in general posting other people's animals when they had nothing at all to do with it. i heard the buck was scored at 291 yesterday by a legitimate official scorer. biggest buck of the year and it didnt come from the strip, and didnt involve 500 trail cams. I would bow at the guys feet for pulling this off in the desert. Huge congrats to the hunter who was unguided also.

• Like 3

Buck of all lifetimes but I don't see 291"?...

• Like 2

Buck of all lifetimes but I don't see 291"?...

I don't see it either bro, but it's actually been scored by 2 official guys in the low 290's. I'm still trying to figure out how a buck could get that big. If i shot that buck in the desert, i would probably hang my hat up.

• Like 1

Just curious what the big deal of posting the picture is? He posted it on FB for all to see. Koury somehow felt it was his place to post it on his site with a faint watermark of his company that had nothing to do with it claiming he wants to protect it when it's not his to protect. and it's being text all over the universe. So . . Why do we care if it's posted on coues

This is what's gone wrong in the guiding bis today. There are so many guides out there grabbing their wifes sisters brothers buck from a long lost cousin who knew uncle larry's uncle who used to drink beer every once in awhile with cousin bob. It's not right and shouldn't be done. Post it if you guided for it , don't post it if you didn't, pretty simple and used to be the norm but not anymore. Nothing personal against shane here, just the new normal of outfitters in general posting other people's animals when they had nothing at all to do with it. i heard the buck was scored at 291 yesterday by a legitimate official scorer. biggest buck of the year and it didnt come from the strip, and didnt involve 500 trail cams. I would bow at the guys feet for pulling this off in the desert. Huge congrats to the hunter who was unguided also.
I don't know about bowing at his feet, but, if he didn't pay someone to find it for him and someone didn't walk him to the deer to shoot it, I think that's awesome. Seeing guys get it done without a big name outfitter is awesome. I love it. DIY. Doesnt get any better.
  • Like 3