Sign in to follow this  
swaro06

Carhartt pants

Are carhartt pants good for hunting. I just finished hunting and went thru 2 pair of light weight camo pants. They tell me to buy a size bigger in the waist due to shrinkage but will last for years

I use Carhartts on my rifle hunts, they are very durable. I tend to rip and tear all other brands. I just bought a few pairs of the carhartts overalls and love them, no more belt and sagging pants

A buddy of mine uses them in the desert and swears by them.

I've worn my carhartt jackets a time or two hunting when it was cold and on horses no trees stick to the jackets so I'm assuming it's the same with the pants.

Not the quietest until broke in if you are an archery hunter.

The Dickies pants at Wal-Mart are very similar and cheaper. That's all I wear unless I'm bowhunting. They are a little too loud walking through brush for archery hunting.

Was just talking to my buddy over the weekend while hunting down south and realized that the Carhartt's I was wearing were almost 10 years old and I've had them on for all but one of the whitetails I've killed.

Sportsman's Guide has "irregular" double front pants in the brown color for about $33. I have purchased three pairs, and I can't find anything "irregular" about them. They do seem a titch long, but that doesn't matter as much when you're pulling them over hunting boots.

Look into Kuhl pants. The type you want are called Ryders. I hunted in Carharts for years. Then my buddy turned me onto these pants and I'll never wear carharts in the field again. Unfortunately, they are a little pricey but 200% worth it. Crazy good range of motion in your knees, and the stitching pattern is crazy tight. You won't get too hot in them like carhartts, and they rip thru nasty stuff like cat claw even better.

Love wearing Carhartt's. Killed my buck 2 weeks ago in some 8 year old tan ones.

I like the tan or forest greens.

Do the porcupine bush needles stick to carhartt pants? They sure do stick to my camo pants.

I always wear carhartt. They are super durable. The original brownish color are the ones that shrink the most. The jeans and other colors don't shrink as much. The double fronts are great and you can get slip in knee pads for them which is awesome.

The only thing about them is they are heavy and on warm hunts they will make you sweat more.

Harley

Carhartt pants are great and last a long time. I wear them a lot while hunting. I have one pair that's over 15 years old and still wearable.