Sign in to follow this  
Zeke-BE

Drones for scouting????

I am all for it!! Soon I will be able to fly a drone and put out a 1000 cameras that send back pictures of the giant I am gonna shoot with a 1400 yd shot from my 75k truck while I sit my fat a$$ in a comfy couch and brag on the Internet about how bad a$$ I am at hunting and that you all should be like me!!! Woooooohoooooo look at me!!!!!!!!!

Very tongue and cheek guys!!!

$75k truck?! Why you driving a used vehicle, cheapskate. Does it come with an Obama phone?

;)

This thread got me motivated to dig out my old p.o.s. recurve and start playing with it again. After about a week of garage shooting, I can tell you for certain that I dont need any technology at all to kill a deer. The only thing I do need is for a garage door size deer to stand perfectly still broadside at 12 yards or less.

your garage is 36' long? Lucky!!!

This thread got me motivated to dig out my old p.o.s. recurve and start playing with it again. After about a week of garage shooting, I can tell you for certain that I dont need any technology at all to kill a deer. The only thing I do need is for a garage door size deer to stand perfectly still broadside at 12 yards or less.

your garage is 36' long? Lucky!!!

Rv garage. 18 x 48. Its so full of machine tools that there isnt much room to shoot though. When we built the house I'd had visions of putting a platform stand up in there to practice treestand shooting, but that hasn't really worked out.... :(

• Like 2

I haven't taken the time to read all the way through this ... but for Cryin' Out Loud ...

People who would use a drone to scout need to get off of their fat, lazy ARSE and do some real scouting. Good grief.

Yeah ... some smart A is going to tell me to join the 21st Century ... and my response to that is simple ... keep increasing the tech to the point where you don't have to do any work to make a kill ... pretty soon there will be nothing left to go out and hunt.

Having a drone does not "assist" near as much as a guide. Do we cancel guides? But it certainly can cause harassment issues. How would you like to be sitting on a waterhole, and a drone flys in?

That's it, I'm getting heat seeking smart missiles!

I am all for it!! Soon I will be able to fly a drone and put out a 1000 cameras that send back pictures of the giant I am gonna shoot with a 1400 yd shot from my 75k truck while I sit my fat a$$ in a comfy couch and brag on the Internet about how bad a$$ I am at hunting and that you all should be like me!!! Woooooohoooooo look at me!!!!!!!!!

Very tongue and cheek guys!!!

$75k truck?! Why you driving a used vehicle, cheapskate. Does it come with an Obama phone?

;)

Well, since you asked, I need some extra cash for the 10,000 cameras I have and as many blinds and tree stands so I can claim all the good hunting spots! It's really not about the hunt for me, just all the giants I kill for the wall and so everyone will think I am some kind of hunting god!!

No Obama phone tho, I would rather brag that I only use a $2k sat phone! Of course I only use it a few days a year to to my awesome ability as a hunter and my "scouting"!!