Sign in to follow this  
blaserman

Can You use a Hand Gun

Can you use a hand gun to hunt Coues Deer in AZ.

YES.

Just checking, I am building an XP 100 in .300 wsm or 7mm Dakota . Can't use it in Mexico , will be a good shooter out to 5 - 600 yrds.

Just checking, I am building an XP 100 in .300 wsm or 7mm Dakota . Can't use it in Mexico , will be a good shooter out to 5 - 600 yrds.

I only point this out, because of all the crap I got for saying that I can shoot my bow well out to 100-110 yds...... but, 5-600 yds is a Long Frickin' way out there for a handgun.... :blink: :blink: I mean I don't doubt that the gun is able to shoot that far, but with a short barrel and human error, combined with hunting conditions.... :unsure: .... That is a Long Frickin' way to shoot a handgun..... at a 90 lb animal.

Good luck with you gun. :)

Hers a picture of an XP -100 that the owner shoots constant 600 yrd groups with ,it has also been shot acurately

out to 1000 yrds. This is a 7mm Dakota , He shoots a 200 gr bullet.

post-538-1174945694.jpg

I'm not sure what he official definition of "handgun" is, but that looks like a rifle without a stock to me.

Mark

A 300 mag handgun? That sounds like nuts to me! My 300 mag rifle kicks hard enough to make me think twice about pulling the trigger sometimes, I cant imagine less weight and no stock. I do think it would be fun to watch someone else shoot but I dont think I would want to shoot one myself. Good luck.

Just wondering if you all have ever tried to shoot that kind of a pistol at long range in a hunting situation? I bet it is one heck of a shooter off of a bench, but factor in hunting conditions and I'm thinkin' 200-300 yds would be a long poke with that kind of a weapon.

Just curious...... not pickin' or nuthin'.... just curious....

those things are actually gaining alot of popularity.

i believe in some states, it is considered a pistol unless tha barrel is longer then 14?16?18? inches? something of that nature!!!

that thing aint carried in a holster! its carried with a sling just like a dang rifle lol!

i'd hafta tie a spool of high test monofilament to it so you can find it when it flies outta my hands. i hate shooting my .45. that thing is nuts. i guess i ain't as tough as i used to be. Lark.

Hers a picture of an XP -100 that the owner shoots constant 600 yrd groups with ,it has also been shot acurately

out to 1000 yrds. This is a 7mm Dakota , He shoots a 200 gr bullet.

I can shoot constant groups from any of my rifles, my bow, and my leatherman, although the constant groups are rather large and sometimes it is difficult to locate the arrows and the leatherman. LOL :lol: :P

I thought about doing that with a pistol also but I don't think I am capable of shooting that far. Good luck in your endeavors.