Sign in to follow this  
down2hunt

Rare gray wolf seen at Grand Canyon may be dead

Buy this hunter a beer for taking this wolf out accidently!!! :D

Rare gray wolf seen at Grand Canyon may be dead. The federally protected wolf seen last month near the Grand Canyon may have been shot and killed in southwestern Utah on Sunday, wildlife groups fear. Check out this story on azcentral.com: http://azc.cc/1B0Ee1N

• Like 3

What a great mistake that was made here, with an exceptional outcome. Hope there are many more mistakes made and the outcome is the same.

• Like 1

what I find hard to believe is the wolf travel 450 + miles - no mention of anyone ever seeing it along the travel route -

for no apparent reason other than trying to find a breeding partner - give me a break!

• Like 1

I am curious who they know a hunter did it?

In either event kudos to whoever pulled that trigger.

• Like 1

what I find hard to believe is the wolf travel 450 + miles - no mention of anyone ever seeing it along the travel route -

for no apparent reason other than trying to find a breeding partner - give me a break!

they said that one that ended up in california went like 1k miles or something right? i dont know anything about it, im just saying i read something like that

I am willing to bet that at least one more wolf will make this "incredible journey" to the delight of many fruit cakes.

The article mentioned that biologists had been trying to replace the wolf's collar, but we're not successful. I wonder how many tax dollars were spent on this effort? The hunter should receive an accomodation because now it is easy to replace that collar...it will also be real easy to track this wolf.

• Like 2

Yeah, I heard the local elk and deer threw a monster kegger last night in celebration.

• Like 2

They know because he reported it. Looks like he was hunting yotes when he dropped the wolf. He reported to the state who then notified the feds. They're still not sure if it's the same wolf or not, they'll run DNA on it to see. I wouldn't be surprised if not, my hunting partner and I saw what we thought could be a wolf a couple years ago on the Navajo rez, no collar on it. I've heard of other sightings as well from reputable people.

If nature intended them to survive they would have like deer, rabbits, lions etc. It is a good wolf now, hope all the rest join him! I saw one in unit 27 years ago. Looked thin and managy. Worse then a coyote, but bigger. Usless animal! An our government spends money on this. I never voted to approve it. Who did?

I nominate this guy for Sportsman of the year award! If he gets fined, I say we set up a legal fund for him.

• Like 7