Last year there was a great thread, "Neat finds while out in the hills".......I had mentioned I found some dinosaur tracks and would look for the pics.....well I finally found em'. This is in 5B out in the open flats. There was a small wash out exposing this slab of rock and it had a bunch of these tracks on it! I first thought they were indian carvings like they do of their hand.....but these were spaced apart just like a critter made em' and there were about 7 or 8 of the tracks along the exposed rock and I'm sure there was more under the dirt. I wish I had put something in the pic for size comparison, but there are actually two different critters, one big (bear sized) and one small but identical and was similar to maybe a Bobcat size track. I think the tracks look very similar to a Porcupine track and they appear to have 6 toes. I know it looks like there is an Elk track in the second pic in front of the track, but it isn't.....just looks like it. Anyone ever see something like this? Thanks, JIM>

scan0014.jpg

scan0015.jpg

The start of a failed Gieco commerial ! :lol: No thats pretty cool I found a rock when I was a kid in Kingman that had a foot print on it about 2 to 3 times bigger thatn a Turkey foot. It was just to big to carry home. Now it sits covered up on a hill full of houses.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The dirt wouldn't even have to be that soft Desertbull :lol:

I've been told that there are some up on Atascosa that are thought to be Sabre Tooth tracks but have never seen them.

bendehos? it's pindayhos, if yer gonna live here, learn the language. a friend of mine found a rock out north of st johns that has 3 complete petrified cat tracks on it. tracks are about as big as the end of a coke can. the rock is about the size of a sheet of paper and maybe an inch thick. only cat track i ever seen that my hounds wouldn't bawl on. i tried hard to talk him out of it but he's pretty tough for a short guy. Lark.

Coosefan,

I have seen tracks in rock like that on the san carlos. If I remember right it was like turkey tracks, and canid tracks and elk or cattle tracks. And some of the tracks clearly went underneath the upper rock layers, meaning they were made before the upper rock layer formed. I don't think they were that old given the tracks looked like modern animals, but I never figured out how they formed. Interesting stuff for sure.

Amanda

looks like we are all getting a minor is spanish....at least in spanish swear words. thought this was a family site???

looks like we are all getting a minor is spanish....at least in spanish swear words. thought this was a family site???

thats why there in spanish....